Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've searched the topic and found a couple of old threads but nothing recently, so I thought i'd ask again. I have an '05 IS300 and the A/C settings default to Recirculated Air each time I start the car. The old information I found siad that the default could be changed, but 2 different dealers told me it could not. Does anyone know if this is possible on an '05? Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
15,585 Posts
depends on the temperature you have it set to.

To verify, crank it down to 65 and start the car.... then crank it up to 85 and start the car.

You will notice that the default changes depending on what temperature you are requesting.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. That works, although I was hoping it could be set to always go to Fresh and then change it to Recirc manually.

·
Registered
15,585 Posts
bruinfanjb said:
Thanks for the info. That works, although I was hoping it could be set to always go to Fresh and then change it to Recirc manually.
I hear you.... but it actually has a lot of technical reasoning behind it....

windows condense if the outside temperature is drastically different than the inside air.... so to prevent condensation, sometimes fresh air is needed, and sometimes recirculation is needed. The system is actually very good at controlling the climate.

·
Registered
745 Posts
yeah, I hate it how it changes back and forth. I wish there was a way to manually "lock" it to fresh or recirc air!

·
Registered
4,888 Posts
if it were only reversed, i think that is part of why we get that smell from our vents!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts