Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I appreciate everyone's input on my post a week or two ago. I have decided on the GS 400. The seller takes delivery mid October on a new LS 430 so I'll be in my GS in less than two months! Xenons, navi and a v8 at four grand less than what I was expecting to pay for the IS is too much to pass up. I'll post y'all some pics in October.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
I love my IS300, but the GS is even more fun. And for around $30K, it's a steal. I wish I could get one too...enjoy.

Black/Ivory
17"
loving it!!

·
Registered
172 Posts
Approx. 40% off for 2.5 year old GS400.
That is a steal.
I think you made the right decision.
Wonder how much the Lexus dealer would be willing to give you if you were to use it as trade-in for the IS.

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Actually, they are letting me certify it at cost ~$500-$600 and that will give me until 100,000 miles for the warranty. I am psyched.

·
Registered
6,733 Posts
Nice. I would've rather gotten the GS400 but I like new cars so it feels like other people aren't stealing my fun of having a new car. =) But the GS4 was a little too expensive. So I have the IS and im pretty happy w/ it. Congrats tho!

------------------
Spectra Blue IS300

·
Registered
202 Posts
The GS400 is a nice car and much more luxurious than the IS but it certainly isn't as nimble. It handles like a yacht and I think the suspension is downright terrible in terms of control. Way underdamped. Of course with such a great deal you can afford a suspension upgrade and it is fast as hell. It amazes me something with just 4 liters and such mass can move that fast. I can't wait to try out the 430. Bear in mind you'll chew through tires fast with the GS. Make sure to get that thing aligned often. Not too many weak points on the GS400 but that's one of them.

------------------
Dan
98 R #1054 (not for much longer)
88 ST-165
Godspeed Inc.
[email protected]
(248) 478-4670
(248) 478-9230 Fax

1 - 11 of 11 Posts