Lexus IS Forum banner

Deciding between a few different exhausts...

1K views 16 replies 13 participants last post by  stertan 
#1 ·
Yes, I know. Another thread about which exhaust should I get. Well, I've narrowed it down to a few different choices. But, I have a few criteria in mind that maybe the rest of you IS owners can help :)

Criteria:
-Does not hang low
-Not angled/slanted
-Deep sound
-Not extremely loud

Choices so far:
-Greddy SP2 (had this suggested to be by a few different people)
-Greddy EVO2 (had on another car, really liked...does it hang?)
-Apexi N1 (yes, i know is angled and hangs...but can it be set straight? i love the sound)

Any other choices/comments?

#2 ·
I went with the Greddy TI-C... I'm runnning it with the Mazzuri Header/ Y-pipe setup, so it'll probably be a little loud. Here are a few pics of how it sits.

#3 ·
i went with the EVO2 and am really enjoying it so far. i too had it on a previous car and loved it as well. im lowered on S techs and it hasnt scraped yet, but im sure if i had a car load it would.

#7 ·
Thanks. I was looking at the HKS Dragger II also, but then I figure for the price, why just get the Stainless Catback and have full stainless system. Plus for $425 shipped, you can't beat the price for a Greddy.I'm actually about to pull my girl out for the first time in over a year and see how she sounds... Just as soon as I figure out the wiring on this SRT intake and O2 sim.

#8 ·
I think in some essence, you should go with the HKS DragerII. HAs a clean setup and fits the bumper perfectly and has a deep growl too. But, that is just my opinion. G/L on the search and post pics when you get it on! Btw, I have the JIC Full Titanium axel back exhaust, which set me back almost $500.00! And it's used, brand new, they run about $850-950.00 It weighs a super light 6lbs only. I love it cause it sooo JDMish.

#9 ·
i was going home one night and i saw silver IS with ASA wheels on it and looked to be lowered, with tinted windows going southbound on I-65 at cool springs exit the other night.. it looked really good! prolly ur's?

im about to get HKS Dragger II catback..

i want mine to sound like this one.. he didnt get on it WOT tho..

YouTube - IS300 mazzuri header w/HKS Dragger

#12 ·
The answer for all ur needs is the HKS Drager II, I have it myself.

#13 ·
Just put my HKS Dragger II on about a month ago. Super easy install, fantastic fit and the sound is amazing. Clean, deep and not to loud. Loud enough to enjoy, but quiet enough not to attract the ricers. I am competely in love with my car all over again with this exhaust. :approve:

#17 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.