Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just started a few quick mods on my car and im looking to find out where i could find decals for my calipers? or even the paint? any suggestions? let me know thanks a lot!!
-intensa03lex23

·
Premium Member
52,610 Posts
You can get the decals right here in the .NET Store.

If you want to use spray paint, just get engine enamel from your friendly parts store or Walmart, etc.

If you want the brush on epoxy paint it's G2.

http://www.g2usa.com/

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Intensa03Lex23 said:
I just started a few quick mods on my car and im looking to find out where i could find decals for my calipers? or even the paint? any suggestions? let me know thanks a lot!!
-intensa03lex23
Hey man and Welcome!
I painted mine black with a hi-temp brake paint I got at an auto parts store. I highly recommend cleaning your calipers (metal only) with something like lacquer thinner to remove all grease and dirt. I removed part of my calipers for ease of painting . Put on several coats of paint, allowing to dry in between. Then apply your stickers .. I got mine from someone on .Net . THEN I also recommend using several coats of a hi-temp CLEAR (engine or whatever) paint OVER the Calipers and STICKERS. It will help protect the stickers from peeling and makes them slick and easy to clean. I've seen them with and without the clear ...much better clear.

Mine are still great after a year. :D Pics below.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Intensa03Lex23 said:
-intensa03lex23
I got a set of ALtezza one (white / Silver) that I dont want give me $4 Shipping and I wills end it to you...

Matt

·
Registered
831 Posts
i love my white lexus stickers over the red calipers :)

·
Registered
219 Posts
Vman said:
Intensa03Lex23 said:
-intensa03lex23
Hey man and Welcome!
I painted mine black with a hi-temp brake paint I got at an auto parts store. I highly recommend cleaning your calipers (metal only) with something like lacquer thinner to remove all grease and dirt. I removed part of my calipers for ease of painting . Put on several coats of paint, allowing to dry in between. Then apply your stickers .. I got mine from someone on .Net . THEN I also recommend using several coats of a hi-temp CLEAR (engine or whatever) paint OVER the Calipers and STICKERS. It will help protect the stickers from peeling and makes them slick and easy to clean. I've seen them with and without the clear ...much better clear.

Mine are still great after a year. :D Pics below.
Hey man- great job on the calipers! i wanna do the same thing- black paint...but here's my questions for u: Did u use some kinda steel wool to clean off the calipers? And what kinda product did u use as a de-greaser? Finally, did u have to jack up all 4 tires at once? How long did the whole process take?

Thanks! :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts