Lexus IS Forum banner

Decal Job/Club Meet

609 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  ClubIS300 
#1 ·
Hey I just wanted to know if it's nutz to get a full decal job on my white IS. My sponsor wants to do a make over for Sport Compact Car and Import Racer. I'll post pics of preliminary sketches as soon as I get them.
Also, the ClubIS300.com site is going to hold its first meet mid jan, early feb for all of those in the Cerritos, Cypress, Anaheim, Buena Park, LA, Irvine, etc area. More info will be up on the site. I'll post the final and complete site as soon as I have time after finals.

Mark

P.S. Where's a good spot to have the meet at? I was thinking at Stillen but that might be too far for most people (Costa Mesa).

#2 ·
Originally posted by ClubIS300:
Hey I just wanted to know if it's nutz to get a full decal job on my white IS. My sponsor wants to do a make over for Sport Compact Car and Import Racer. I'll post pics of preliminary sketches as soon as I get them.
Also, the ClubIS300.com site is going to hold its first meet mid jan, early feb for all of those in the Cerritos, Cypress, Anaheim, Buena Park, LA, Irvine, etc area. More info will be up on the site. I'll post the final and complete site as soon as I have time after finals.

Mark

P.S. Where's a good spot to have the meet at? I was thinking at Stillen but that might be too far for most people (Costa Mesa).
Hey ClubIS300 first things first Who are your sponsors actually? If it is Stillen, then I suggest taking off those TRD emblems off your car. (No offense but wouldn't Stillen want you to do that?)Also, don't go too crazy with Decals and stuff, my opinion, go for the clean look rather than the crazy import look. I know if it is going to be a "show" only car then you might have no choice.
Also list the mods that you are going/wanting to do to the car I am sure alot of people will be interested in the $$ factor and actual results factor of the car after the mods.
Great idea about the meet, now the location? it depends on who is coming?? You should have a sort of invite list to see who really is going to come and then determine location. If all the people are from OC then have an OC location, if OC/LA combined then maybe somewhere in the middle? Malls are good for this kind of stuff Cerritos Mall is real central, Westminster etc... Now it also depends if you want a 'hang-out' place ie: restaurant/food or just cars parked together..just my ideas...

#4 ·
RC51---

Here's a list of mods...

1. 18x8'' Stillen GT-V with Perada's
2. Stillen side skirts, front and rear lips.
3. Stillen Exhaust and Intake for the time being.
4. Hooking up with stillen to do some R&D, most likely forced induction.
5. Sway Bars and strut tower bar, probably going to come from stillen.
6. Don't know about about coil overs yet... probably Tein CS or Eibach.

Here's a list of my sponsors...
Stillen, Vinyl Mayhem, and I have a couple of proposals waiting for the okay.
But here's the thing, I don't wanna have my car full of different sponsors... All I really needed was the Stillen one because they have everything. As for Vinyl Mayhem, their decaling my car and making club decals for our members.

RC51, does that mean your going to show up for the club meet? I need everyone to e-mail me so that I can put them on the invited list... mark@isracer.com

Mark

#6 ·
Chromaplast,
Which grilles are you talking about? You might be thinking of Rod Millen Motorsports. Those run for around $214 unpainted and $306 painted. I can probably get you that for a cheaper price, because I'll get it through Stillen.
The blue IS from Stillen features an aftermarket grill and lower bumper insert... If you meant that one, i'll get back to you with more info.

Mark

[This message has been edited by ClubIS300 (edited December 07, 2000).]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.