Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who here supports such punishment for punks that key and destroy our cars that we work night and day for?

My friend's IS was recently keyed in Atlanta, and he is PISSED!. (One reason I try to live in medium size towns)The trunk might as well be stripped of its paint cos' its got scratches all over. Insurance will take care of it, but we're pretty sure no one else is gonna want him after this costly incident.

Well, I wouldn't go as far as killing them. Maybe pulling their teeth off, and shaving their gums with a razor blade should teach them a lesson, not to mention plucking out each of their fingernails and skining each finger with a fruit peeler. Ouch!

·
Registered
20 Posts
this is the type of thing that i think is a major downside to the IS. with all the extra attention, i'm sure the risk of vandalism goes way up.

i sure hope that it's just my arrogance that makes me think this way

but what can you do

·
Registered
4,523 Posts
I think Singapore has a good policy when dealing with vandals...

·
Registered
47 Posts
Just curious -- what color was your friends IS? I wonder if the louder colors are getting most of the vandalism?

It's sad to read the keying/vandalism reports here. I've seen three or four, but hopefully out of the thousands of cars that have been sold it's a very low number.

I'm still afraid to leave mine parked anywhere for more than five minutes other than my garage at home and my garage at work, which is access controlled by several federal officers 24/7. :)

·
Registered
654 Posts
Every time I get back to my car I walk around a few times and closely examine for scratches from keys and "accidental" door slams into my side... my mom actually saw someone slam their door into her Benz and when they left she keyed their car! LOL! Um... your punishment wouldn't count in that case would it? Revenge is justifiable!

·
Registered
56 Posts
My silver IS has been egged and tagged with a marker two times. I live in downtown Chicago so I'm not surprised by the unwanted attention. I'm glad that the marker came out, but the egg shells left scratches. Oh how I wish I could have been there with a few of my friends to kick the ass of the people who did this to my beautiful car!

ELS

·
Registered
75 Posts
They certainly do... it's called caning... bamboo is used on the butt, draws good blood and teaches a good lesson. Hey, guys let's get our canes out.
EMC

·
Registered
511 Posts
Yeah I too now have that stupid concern and pet peeve about going to the mall or movies and watching out for snot nose kids swinging their doors carelessly open with my poor IS to soften the blow. I just dontgo to those places anymore...
Im looking for a good old Chevy full size pick up to run all my errands. cant go to Home Depot in this darn IS hahahaha

·
Registered
72 Posts
I too share your collective paranoia. San Francisco is a very crowded city and sometimes you just have to park on the street. I usually try to let my Black IS get a little dusty so it doesn't stand out quite so much.
I'm generally opposed to the death penalty, but Singapore has the right idea when it comes to vandalism. Maybe we could initiate public canings in Union Square!

·
Registered
45 Posts
i'm with you all. scratch my car? why not just kick me where it counts? i got a Black GS recently and will be driving in a tiny town(Eugene, OR), so the population is small, but it's a college campus. i've seen some incredibly nice cars, but haven't noticed scratches. all those asians there somehow have all these m3's, a few 7-series and two new s-classes. not to mention other ones that don't top $50k. i just hope mine is ignored!

·
Registered
66 Posts
I think I know the feeling all too well guys. hehe..Everytime I go anywhere, I'm always checking for scratches and bumps on my car when I get back. Especially because I live in southern california, and there happen to be lots of haters around here. I'm so paranoid, I'm not even driving my IS down to UCI and leaving it for even a day. hehe..

·
Registered
205 Posts
Not as bad as scratches and dings, but still annoying ...someone spit on my car the other day. The lots of phlem kind. At first, I thought someone spilled glue on it. What makes people do these kind of things? It's not as if the IS300 is a really flashy car or something.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts