Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
18,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
carefull driving on wet roads everyone...I saw this in the NY post today, and the picture was on the online section as well....

RIP bro, i dunno if he was on the site or not...

MAN DIES IN QUEENS CRASH

October 28, 2003 -- A man was killed and his wife seriously injured yesterday when their car skidded on a rain-slicked road and smashed into a tree in Flushing, police said.

Shijia Liu, 21, of Fresh Meadows Lane, was driving south on 164th Street near Kissena Park around 2 p.m. when he lost control of his white Lexus.

Liu was pronounced dead at the scene.

The car was mangled so badly that rescuers could not immediately remove his body.

They covered the body - which was wedged between the two front seats - with a sheet until more help arrived. His wife, Bei-lei Yin, 24, of Bowne Street, was removed from the wreck by cops who used the jaws of life tool to saw the roof off the car.

She was taken to New York Hospital of Queens.

Guotang Yin, Bei-lin's father, said his daughter remained in stable condition.

"She's talked with me," he said. "She's doing OK, she's alive."

·
Premium Member
14,412 Posts
RIP !!!!

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Sad to hear about that. From the look of the wreck, he was probably going way too fast and lost control. That car is mangled. Remember, if your tires aren't meant for rain or snow take it easy, your life isn't worth saving 5-10 minutes on your commute.

·
8,827 Posts
R.I.P.

·
Premium Member
2,458 Posts
yeah R.I.P., this is in bunch of our NY .net member's neighborhood. Drive safely everyone and don't be foolish and speed in heavy rain.

·
Guru of Supercharged ISs
6,620 Posts
1 - 20 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.