Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a black on black (beautiful) stock 6sp manual. It seems like they are dealing on the stick IS250s (although hard to find and bare bones). MSRP with the stupid Preferred Accessory Package (includes Cargo net, Trunk mat and Wheel locks) and wheel upgrade was $31,494. Bought it for $29,994 ($1,500 off for those that are mathematicaly challeged). Surpised at first but when I thought about it, it makes sense that they are dealing on these (Little demand I think). Good for me b/c I really wanted stick. Although I also wanted Nav, I didn't want to wait to have the stick/nav combo IF they come out in 6 mos or special order - if even possible. Also, if I got the Nav now, it seems that all of them come with the auto, premium package (I hate the wood interior and who needs holes in my seat - I paid 30K for this car so I want all the leather for my money) at a price of $36,504.00 with maybe $500 off. So I saved 6K. I'll buy 3 nav systems with that cash!

Here's the kicker. I didn't get the regular 5 spoke wheels. I was upgraded to the ISP Mode wheels. Not sure if they are more expensive than the regular 18 upgraded wheels, but I think so and if they are, based on upgraded 18 on the GS models, it appears that they are roughly $1,800.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Congratulations! It's good to hear that deals are out there. I just rolled away in my new IS at MSRP. I had to settle for a non-ML system, but am really happy with the stock stereo.

I think the even the most basic version of an IS is a fantastic car and it's impossible to go wrong. The shame for Lexus is that they could probably have taken more of our money off the table had they stocked up with options that people want. <shrug> I'm happy and I'm sure you are too. :)

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
trojanlawyer said:
Just picked up a black on black (beautiful) stock 6sp manual. It seems like they are dealing on the stick IS250s (although hard to find and bare bones). MSRP with the stupid Preferred Accessory Package (includes Cargo net, Trunk mat and Wheel locks) and wheel upgrade was $31,494. Bought it for $29,994 ($1,500 off for those that are mathematicaly challeged). Surpised at first but when I thought about it, it makes sense that they are dealing on these (Little demand I think). Good for me b/c I really wanted stick. Although I also wanted Nav, I didn't want to wait to have the stick/nav combo IF they come out in 6 mos or special order - if even possible. Also, if I got the Nav now, it seems that all of them come with the auto, premium package (I hate the wood interior and who needs holes in my seat - I paid 30K for this car so I want all the leather for my money) at a price of $36,504.00 with maybe $500 off. So I saved 6K. I'll buy 3 nav systems with that cash!

Here's the kicker. I didn't get the regular 5 spoke wheels. I was upgraded to the ISP Mode wheels. Not sure if they are more expensive than the regular 18 upgraded wheels, but I think so and if they are, based on upgraded 18 on the GS models, it appears that they are roughly $1,800.
Wow thats a good price. What state are you in? What was your OTD price?

Also take pics of your car! I never seen a manual before and never seen the wheels you are talking about.

Congrats!

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
POST PICS! People on here are waiting anxiously to see what the manual 250 looks like inside!

·
Registered
494 Posts
Apparently they're making deals on them here too - the base models just don't seem to be moving.

Congrats trojanlawyer.

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Did you trade in a car? Thats a good deal,BUT alot of people dont realize they just rape you on your trade to make up for it.

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
Pictures are needed. Make sure to take some of the rims & of the shifter (I havent seen the center console on a 6-sp yet)

·
Registered
31 Posts
discounts are out there and not hard to find. Every dealer I visited were willing to go below msrp. All it takes is time, and for me the fact I was ready to pay cash. Of course their first response will be "msrp only". Then when you thank them for their time and get up from the table, they'll pull you back to negotiate. I got $1k discount from 2 dealers and $1.5k from the last dealer I went to. Keep in mind this was 2 weeks ago. Unfortunately, that day I was unwilling to accept anything less than $2k off msrp. That last dealer was dumbfounded I wouldn't bend on just another $500 and drive off in the car same day.... but I'm stubborn that way, and I will not lose !!! lol.... so anyways, I roll out. I guess the salesman didn't see me roll in with 330ci, and since I didn't talk at all about a trade in, he had no clue. I get a phone call on the fwy halfway home from the salesguy agreeing to do a deal for $2k off msrp with trade in. I told him no thanks, I'm keeping my current car....give me a call when you can do $2k discount and I'll pay in cash. My afterthought was hmm I wonder how much he would have tried to rape me for on trade in value. Yeah so that's my story and now I've placed a deposit on a SGM IS350 due to arrive in Dec. We'll see how part2 turns out next month...good times!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I saw the inside of a 6 sp MT at the Taste of Lexus even here in Chicago and I wasn't totally thrilled with the inside. Mainly the shifting box (or whatever it is called) is absolutely gigantic. It looks out of place and they could have made it look a lot better IMO. Of course it is nothing that is a deal breaker or anything, but that was my first thought when I saw it ("Holy sh*t that box takes up the entire center console").

As far as deals go on the MT I think you just got a good dealership. The problem is that the MT's are impossible to find. No dealership here in the northwest suburbs of Chicago even have a MT. When one eventually makes its way here, I doubt they will negotiate price on it since it is the only one.

Either way I am holding out hope that they make a MT 350 (although after reading the thread here about the potential emissions issue, I'm not sure anymore), otherwise a MT 250 eventually will have to suffice.

·
Registered
69 Posts
NavigatN, that's awesome. :cool:

At what point is it smart to start discussing money? When you walk in the door? After some casual chat about the car? After you've picked out all the options, color, etc and the dealer shows you the msrp?

·
Registered
409 Posts
Wow congrats on the new car and such a great deal to you! $1500 off + upgraded wheels is amazing!
Please do share your driving impressions. There just aren't much written about the IS250 MT so far. :bigSmile:

·
Registered
31 Posts
d2mini said:

At what point is it smart to start discussing money? When you walk in the door? After some casual chat about the car? After you've picked out all the options, color, etc and the dealer shows you the msrp?
I never discuss money on the lot while looking at the car or test driving. After sitting down at the table and they pull out the piece of paper with 4 squares.... then the game begins ;)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
XeroK00L said:
Wow congrats on the new car and such a great deal to you! $1500 off + upgraded wheels is amazing!
Please do share your driving impressions. There just aren't much written about the IS250 MT so far. :bigSmile:
I have been driving an auto for the last 7 months (14 years of MT before that) so i need to get used to it for a few weeks as well as break it in before I can give you my true impressions, but so far, the clutch is feel is pretty good (a little soft) and the gearbox is smooth. Only problem is that it is that the shifter is a little short (Height) and some may have problems with the armrest and shifting. There is suffient power but won't give you any chills. It's a nice car overall and i'm impressed by the little touches. People lovin it at my work.

The ISP Mode wheels are the ones on the photo of the iS with the body kit.

·
Registered
257 Posts
d2mini said:

i sold cars for years and It doesn't matter when you discuss it, the sales reps job is to show you the car first. If you get a rep that has been doing it for a while. He may just sit you down as soon as you ask. If you get someone who is fairly new, he will try his hardest to show you the car and get you to say "yes" to as many questions as he can and THEN take you for a test drive and THEN get you to the table where he will try to be your friend. THEN he will start to talk numbers.

i like to skip all that and goto fleet. They need to sale cars too. And you don't need to have AAA or work at Costco to get a sale. Just tell them you want a good price but don't like sales men. They will sale you the car just like you had a membership.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
NavigatN said:
discounts are out there and not hard to find. Every dealer I visited were willing to go below msrp. All it takes is time, and for me the fact I was ready to pay cash. Of course their first response will be "msrp only". Then when you thank them for their time and get up from the table, they'll pull you back to negotiate. I got $1k discount from 2 dealers and $1.5k from the last dealer I went to. Keep in mind this was 2 weeks ago. Unfortunately, that day I was unwilling to accept anything less than $2k off msrp. That last dealer was dumbfounded I wouldn't bend on just another $500 and drive off in the car same day.... but I'm stubborn that way, and I will not lose !!! lol.... so anyways, I roll out. I guess the salesman didn't see me roll in with 330ci, and since I didn't talk at all about a trade in, he had no clue. I get a phone call on the fwy halfway home from the salesguy agreeing to do a deal for $2k off msrp with trade in. I told him no thanks, I'm keeping my current car....give me a call when you can do $2k discount and I'll pay in cash. My afterthought was hmm I wonder how much he would have tried to rape me for on trade in value. Yeah so that's my story and now I've placed a deposit on a SGM IS350 due to arrive in Dec. We'll see how part2 turns out next month...good times!!
Its not a good idea to tell them you are paying cash before the deal. Its better to be quite and work on the deal. Whenever they ask me how much i'm going to put down, trade, etc. I tell them I dont know.

The reason is because since you are paying cash they wont make any money financing from you so less money for them and that means they wont budge as much off the msrp price.

I hate it when dealers sit you down and they ask you how much monthly payment you want. That pissing me off cuz thats how they rip people off. I wanna know the cost of the vehicle first and not the monthly payment!

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
trojanlawyer said:
must take them again
If you have adobe photo shop you can resize them.

But high resolution pics are good!

Post them!

Pics that are to small you can see all the details.

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
Post them @ photobucket.com & then pop them here. it doesnt matter if theyre big.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts