Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any feedback or experience bringing your cars to either Len Stoler or Silver Spring for services? Any info would help.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
i had to buy new suspension parts for my car....

silver spring was the cheapest, $500
pohonka wanted $800 and change......(where i bought the monster)

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
I've heard horror stories about Silver Spring service. I use rockville they're always great.

·
Registered
99 Posts
My past two experiences with Len Stoler have been painful:

I brought my car in for service and told them that Disc 2 does't work it. It doesn't let you load a disc in #2 and you get this fishing pole sound like something was stuck when you try to play Disc 2. Next day they tell me nothing is wrong with Track #2, it has some scratches but its find. Ha Ha right...I brought the car in because my CD is scratched. I had to bring the technician out to the car to listen. Then they tell me it's a burned CD. Well it wasn't. Finally, they replaced the whole unit.

Presently, I am in the process of replacing my tires. I know I shouldn't have taken it to them for tires but I had a flat and was going out of town. They were all bald on the inside and I was using the spare. I asked for all season and they put summer tires on it, the same ones I bought the car with in 2001. After 3 calls, the service guy is still telling me that he needs to look into it. (Funny thing is I think he's actually the service manager). He tells me it sounds like you want snow tires. I guess I have to go in and show him how to use the internet because somehow I can find at least a dozen different all season tires that fit the car. I told him that even on his own web site they say an option is all-season tires.

Seems like each time I go there I need to make 3 or 4 trips.

·
Registered
628 Posts
lude69 said:
Thanks guys...wish Rockville was lil closer to downtown, MD.
where exactly is downtown MD? i mean ive heard of a downtown part of a city but, for a whole state? i could see maybe downtown rhode island or even delaware but i dunno about MD.

:lol: \:D/

·
Registered
373 Posts
Rockville is the best! I deal with Chris (service manager) his team Craig, peter and another guy are great. Every time i go in they let me sit in the garage with my car and show me step by step what they are doing. They have even let me do some work. Damn! Now that i think about it, I did help them do there job and still had to pay :lol:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts