Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I am looking to get an IS 250 or IS 250 AWD and I have a couple of questions:

1) How expensive is the maintanance at Lexus Dealerships? I live in Vancouver area so I guess it's dealerships like Richmond Lexus, Lexus in North Vancouver, and Regency Lexus.

i.e. how much is it to get them perform oil changes or other typical maintanence service on the maintanence menu?

2) How reliable is Lexus ( i know this is sort of lame but the old IS300 wasn't exactly stellar in this category I gathered).

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
Doing all your servicing at Lexus dealers can be pricey... but not necessarily more pricey than other luxury brands. Typical labour rates are within the $110-$120 per hour range.

What many people do is find a reputable garage to do servicing on their vehicles... and then goto the dealer for warranty work. This should save you more money.

I still think Lexus reliability is up there... although with the current generation of cars there have been an unusual amount of recalls and service bulletins issued (in comparison to Lexus' past). You shouldn't have any huge issues with the IS250. Most of the service bulletins were preventive measures... it's not as if your car is going to blow up on you.

I don't know where you heard about IS300's having poor reliability. My car has been amazing to me... and it is ranked very highly quality wise.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. That helps a lot.

Wow, the same rate for service as the euro cars?

Anyhow, i read about the IS300 problems in Consumer Reports or some other web site saying that the old IS300 weren't up to par in terms on Lexus quality/reliability. I guess "not up to Lexus quality" still means that it is a lot more reliable than it's Euro competitors already.

·
Premium Member
3,428 Posts
i don't know where you read that. but the IS300 is one of the most reliable cars on the roads today. DATA proves that it has one of the lowest warranty costs of any Toyota/Lexus model per volume.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
reliable yes,lexus service exspensive

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
I believe lexus will be more exspensive not much more,but more

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
i don't know where you read that. but the IS300 is one of the most reliable cars on the roads today. DATA proves that it has one of the lowest warranty costs of any Toyota/Lexus model per volume.
Well said.

here is a related article that was in the Globe the other day

See "premium Midsize catagory"

globeandmail.com: globeauto.com Top of the charts

This does actually refer to the IS300

Digger08

·
Registered
173 Posts
i bought my 2004 is300 used from richmond lexus and haven't had any service issues with them. did one oil change there cost me around $90, from then on i went to my friend who works at a shop.

i've only had 2 issues w/ my IS300, the roofliner is a little rattly IMO for a lexus, however, this a small problem and from my reading, mostly unresolvable, it doesn't bother me too much so i've left it alone. front suspension squeaking over bumps - this is a known issue pertaining to suspension bushings, i had them replaced (or so i was told) and it came back after a month, i haven't had time to go back and have it looked at again.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts