Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I went with my girlfriend today to Las Vegas Lexus (W. Sahara) to pick up her IS300 after getting a new transmission. We were waiting in the showroom for her car to come out of the service area. When we saw it pull up we walked up to it. There was a guy in a white shirt with a nametag who was talking on a cell phone. He looked at both of us like we were crazy and took off onto Sahara. We were both stunned and confused as to what just happened. We went to the service manager and told him that somebody had just left the dealership with her IS300. It turns out, this retard who took her car thought it was the loaner car that Lexus was giving to him while his was in the shop. Aparently the service lady told him what car was his and he was on his cell phone not paying attention to her and just got in my girlfriend's car. So now my girlfriend is pissed at that guy for not getting off of his cell phone long enough to pay attention to what the service lady is telling him and she is also pissed off at the employees for letting this happen. Long story short, they got a hold of the guy on his cell phone (lol) and he turned around and brought it back. We are just happy that guy gave Lexus his cell phone number instead of his home number.

·
Garage Pit Crew Chief
5,631 Posts
thats when you demand a free service at the next 5k mark !

id raise some serious hell if that ever happened to me :mgun:

·
Registered
285 Posts
amitkc said:
thats when you demand a free service at the next 5k mark !

id raise some serious hell if that ever happened to me :mgun:
^^ i agree!! you are sooo.lucky that they got a hold of him so quickly or no telling what he would have done.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That was my concern. What the hell were they going to do if they couldn't get a hold of him? I think I would have passed out if it were my car.

·
Registered
619 Posts
I feel your pain Mike. I don't like the service there either, formerly Fletcher Jones Lexus, now Lexus of Las Vegas. I hope they've replaced the whole team there. If not, you should write Lexus a letter so something like this will not happen again. Why was the key left in there for someone to drive off in the first place? What a bunch of goof-balls. :screwy:

·
Test Mule/Parts Breaker
3,844 Posts
Wow, They just let someone take a car without checking to see who it was for?

I would have made a pretty big stink about that. Who knows what the guy could have done with the car.(nothing probably happened but you don't know) I would at least put in a complaint w/Lexus for that one.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I think it is better than before, thats the sad part lol. Yeah I would have been pissed not knowing what this guy could have done to my car. Luckily he didn't get very far, but he still could have farted in it or something.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts