Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dealer, or service rep is telling me that I have "cought me off guard" about the trac/ecu problems. He blew me off about a month ago when I mentioned it to him the first time. I keep t pressing him about the issue and Gave him all of the bulliten numbers, he questioned me and how I got the numbers to begin with. What should I do? How do I get my IS fixed, the VIN # is low enough to be in both recalls. Suggestions?

·
Registered
30,635 Posts
SImply go there, and insist that it is done. They will do the work if it means losing a customer... Mention that the hesitation almost got you killed, (slow start at intersection, you can make it up) or threaten legal action... they'll jump to it

·
11,061 Posts
Technically, it's NOT a recall. It's just a fix available to those who ask for it. So, ASK FOR THE UPGRADE if your VIN# falls in the range of numbers specified in the service bulletin.

·
Registered
6,544 Posts
also, ive posted my reciept on this site of the reprogram. might want to do a search on it. and print it out and shove it in your dealership's face

·
Registered
6,544 Posts
Originally posted by BigDaddyRich:
What if I only qualify for the TRAC/ECU Update? can I still get the refladh done? Will they b'itch at me for asking extra stuff?
if you're qualify for one, you should be qualified for the other also.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Got the reprogram done today... TRAC ECU is on backorder till ??? This was at Lexus of S.A. So, Texis, have them call S.A.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Well i emailed my dealership and they were honest with me and verified that i needed the update. They said to call and make and appointment and when i did they said they were out of stock, nationwide too. He said call back in 1 week.

Sam

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have an IS300... is there a recalll on the trc/ecu?? what exactly is it?? I haven't gotten anything in the mail, so what do I do?? PLease help me out...
Dan

·
Registered
30,635 Posts
The horse has been beated into a black hole by now...

Ok, do a search on the topic if you're new... you'll find enough reading material to keep you busy for a few hours.
That aside, there is NO RECALL on the TRAC nor ECU.
What Lexus is doing is acknowledging that some early production cars had issues w/ over-sensitive traction control modules, and they are replacing them for customers that fall within the VIN #'s and that are complaining. Just saying you want it won't get you the update. There is also an issue w/ the car throttle hesitating from a stopped, or near stopped position. This requires no update, just a reprogram of the ECU. Again, it's not for everyone, just those that fit the Vin #'s and that are complaining.
I have the problems, but the fix isn't worth the hassle as it's not that bad. I'll wait until next winter to get it done when all thehype has died down.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts