Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He sent me this email ....

"I just got some information in on the SportCross. I am putting it in the mail today to you so you should have it early next week. Hope this booklet will provide you with some good information."

[ July 13, 2001: Message edited by: Italian Stallion ]

·
Founder
8,708 Posts
I'd like to get four of those 17x7.5 rear wheels from the SportCross for my IS. We should've had those (with 225 tires) from the beginning.

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
are they the same style as the regular 17's only wider?

is it possible the wagon is being delay until october/november because it will be awd like the gita?

Originally posted by webmaster:
I'd like to get four of those 17x7.5 rear wheels from the SportCross for my IS. We should've had those (with 225 tires) from the beginning.

·
Registered
4,523 Posts
I don't think AWD is a possibility at this point. Perhaps Lexus will wait to see how consumers respond to the SportCross before offering an AWD option.

If there is a delay for the SportCross until Oct/Nov, maybe Toyota/Lexus is shifting most of their initial SportCrosses to Europe before offering them in the U.S.

Originally posted by IS300GTE:
[QB]
is it possible the wagon is being delay until october/november because it will be awd like the gita?

[QB]

·
Registered
169 Posts
My salesperson gave me the SportCross brochure when I went in for 1K service. I've scanned in the pages, but am still in process of uploading (56K dial up
) them to my Yahoo! Album. I'll post links when I'm done. Has it been pointed out that there ARE NOT fog lamps on the SportCross?

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
i take it you didn't know that the japanese version already has awd? if not, check it out, i'll even have it translated for you

click me for awd!

let me know what you think

Originally posted by JW:
I don't think AWD is a possibility at this point. Perhaps Lexus will wait to see how consumers respond to the SportCross before offering an AWD option.

If there is a delay for the SportCross until Oct/Nov, maybe Toyota/Lexus is shifting most of their initial SportCrosses to Europe before offering them in the U.S.

Originally posted by IS300GTE:
[QB]

[QB]

·
Registered
4,523 Posts
Yeah, I already know that the JDM Gita has AWD, but I'm saying that the U.S. and Euro versions won't get AWD. Besides, the AWD Gita is mated to a 4-speed tranny...

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
4 speed ain't no biggie, have you ever driven an auto supra turbo, 4 speeds are alright!

Originally posted by JW:
Yeah, I already know that the JDM Gita has AWD, but I'm saying that the U.S. and Euro versions won't get AWD. Besides, the AWD Gita is mated to a 4-speed tranny...

·
Registered
169 Posts
The pictures of the Sportcross don't have them...

Originally posted by Italian Stallion:
Huh? The booklet says on page 6 that it has integrated halogen fog lamps.

Originally posted by S20002IS300:
[qb]Has it been pointed out that there ARE NOT fog lamps on the SportCross?
[/QB]

1 - 19 of 19 Posts