Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, called my dealer today, a normal oil change is 39.99. I was shocked that it wasnt more. Is the the standard price at all Lexus dealerships? Even a Grease Monkey would be in the mid 30's......

·
Registered
148 Posts
When I bought my car in 2000, the dealer used to do oil changes for $35, but the price has crept up to $50.

·
Registered
240 Posts
It's $50 at my local Lexus dealer.
For oil change, I take it to the Toyota dealer (down the street) and get it done for $25. Exact same oil filter is used.

·
Registered
369 Posts
You local auto-repair shop can do it for $20. The IS300 has nothing fancy about a oil change, it uses regular oil and a $5 Toyota filter. Try getting a oil change for a 02 bmw325, freaking s**t is almost a $100.

·
Registered
40 Posts
My dealer charges $110. They substaniate this outrageous price by saying it's a mini-service. They change your oil, rotate your tires, "check" hoses and other fluids, and wash your car. I can't believe how much they want to charge. The oil change probably costs $10 to them and rotating the tires take maybe a half hour. They probably have some bum off the streets doing all the routine service stuff. I still have my 7500 mile free service. I'll see then if they do a $110 job. But I would bet money they don't.

·
Registered
995 Posts
I got my 20K mile service Sat. and it was a regular Oil change and rotate tire service for $60. And I got them to buff out some scratches I had. Lexus of Clear Lake.

·
Registered
15,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just found out that Northside pays for all the maintence when you buy a car there. Up to three years at least.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts