Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this sounds like a newbie question, but if I take my car in for an oil change, will they give me any crap once they see I have the SRT intake on there? I would assume one of the techs would kinda know that unit has a Piggyback ECU which means the ECU has been altered. Wondering what kind of experiences you guys have had at your dealers w/ this intake. My car is leased, and I don't want something being noted in my record that aftermarket engine accessories are installed and may affect my engine warranty. Thanks

·
Registered
30,635 Posts
don't take it to the dealer for the oil then if you're concerned... they overcharge anyway.

·
Registered
400 Posts
I have a SRT intake and took my car in for the free 5k oil change at Longo. They didnt say anything so I guess everything is ok. I think they will only give you crap if you come in for a warranty.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
were you scared to leave your car w/ them w/ the hiper and drop? i have to get my car painted and im scared they are gunna scratch up my exhaust cause the shop has a steep incline :x

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
I couldn't even have my oil changed at the dealership because my car is too low with the kit. My friends are telling me to drop it but I have a hard enough time with it at stock height. I can't even let people valet my car because I'm afraid they'll hit a parking curb or some shit.

·
Registered
400 Posts
NiCeLeX said:
were you scared to leave your car w/ them w/ the hiper and drop? i have to get my car painted and im scared they are gunna scratch up my exhaust cause the shop has a steep incline :x
Hm.. I didnt have a drop back then so I wasnt really worried. But I was annoyed when the service guys brought my car back and stalled in front of me. :x

·
Registered
369 Posts
Take it to a smaller reputable shop outside. It's like $30 at most places for a oil/filter change+tire rotation. I have heard stories of people bring their modded cars to the dealer for service and had the service advisor walk back to them later and tell them their warranty was voided because of this. However, I think this is rare and in only extreme cases.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts