Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my car in for its 10k service not too long ago. Everything was fine, or so it seemed, until about two weeks ago when my friend was driving along side of me and noticed that my back left wheel was wobbling. I adjusted my driver's side mirror to see it and sure enough, the thing was all over the place. I figured i had bent my wheel. . .

Took the car to NTB yesterday to have them swap the bad wheel with teh spare tire and the spare wheel with the existing tire. Went back to pick up my car to find out that when they touched one of the lugs with the air gun, the stud snapped. . . said that whoever last rotated my tires (LEXUS) cross-threaded it. That aside, they swapped the wheels and the problem is still there.

What could be causing a wobbling wheel if it's not the physical wheel itself? Would a snapped stud have anything to do with it? Any chance lexus would pay for two new tires because they've been eaten up due to their carelessness when last servicing my car?

I have an appointment on thursday to get it fixed. . . :bitching:

·
Registered
865 Posts
It depends on the manager.

I had a similar problem going in for my 30k service. I told them not to rotate my wheels since my rear tires were wider. Picked up the car, and as I was driving home, I heard my wheels rubbing up front -- should have checked before i left the dealer, but I forgot. Anyway, I called them back, got my next service free and rotated the tires back myself.

A couple thousand miles later, driving on I90, my steering wheel starts to vibrate. I pull over to find that my rear left wheel was wobbling, one stud missing and 3 others loose.

So I tightened the other studs, drove home slow, and called up lexus to make an appointment to fix and replace the 5 studs on my hub. When I finally got to the dealership, the manager came out and looked at my car, ask a few questions, and said he would take care of me....

He said it was the result of his technicians rotating the tires in the first place, not because of me overtightening the lug! I sure wasn't going to complain about that....

I might have gone off track, but try talking to the dealership and their managers. If its something they did in the first place, I'm sure they can hook you up and repair your problem.

·
Registered
960 Posts
ISthree00 said:
^ bump.

anyone know what could be causing my wobbling wheel? :roll:
Sounds like a bent axle to me.

·
Registered
9,676 Posts
ISthree00 said:
^ bump.

Dumbass... get up off ur ass and take off the wheel... look at it.. look at the back of wheel look at the hub spin the hub.. see wtf is not running symmetrically. If you got hub rings adapters or aftermarket wheels make sure things seat properly. Makesure the rotor is snug. make sure the wheel fits on the hub ring.

Do we have to tell you how to wipe ur ass too? :roll:
Geez I hate lazy mofos that complain.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
dumbass? for asking a legitimate question? sorry if i work 70+ hours/week and don't have time to jack up my car between now and thursday. it's still sitting in the NTB parking lot because i can't get there before they close. i have stock wheels so there are no issues there.

i'm trying to get an idea of what might be wrong so the dealer doesn't try and jerk me around.

if you don't like my question, shut your mouth and go play around in the PL. I asked a legitimate question and you provided absolutely no help. . . thanks for being the dick of the day :roll:

BigDaddyRich said:
ISthree00 said:
^ bump.

Dumbass... get up off ur ass and take off the wheel... look at it.. look at the back of wheel look at the hub spin the hub.. see wtf is not running symmetrically. If you got hub rings adapters or aftermarket wheels make sure things seat properly. Makesure the rotor is snug. make sure the wheel fits on the hub ring.

Do we have to tell you how to wipe ur ass too? :roll:
Geez I hate lazy mofos that complain.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts