Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did anyone else have a problem getting financed or am I the only one who didn't pay bills when they were a teenager? They are saying I need a co-signer or more cash down. I don't really know anyone who woul co-sign, but every time I offer more money down, they come back and say I need more. I just want this damn thing. I am trying to lease by the way

·
Registered
333 Posts
Tell them you will try another dealership. I they say they use the same finance company, tell them your still going. I bet they will be more negotiable. They will not want to take a chance of loosing your business.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Already tried that. I went to another dealership and of course they do use the same finance company. I am screwed

·
11,061 Posts
Well, rather than go back and forth, get them to write out exactly what they need. Then when you come back with it, they won't be able to give you the run around yet again.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Norwood and Watertown. They said the one thing that will make it go through is a co-signer, but 1. No one I realy know will do it and 2. I hate relying on other people because they tend to hold stuff like that over you

·
Registered
61 Posts
You should get your loan pre-approved from your local bank or credit union before shopping for a car. I prefer credit unions. Anyway I don't know how that works when you are leasing which I think is throwing your money away. The car is never going to be yours.

Also if you need a co-signer, you don't have enough credit, no credit or not enough income.

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
Not to make you pissed, but I walked out only paying 30,100.00. I had a hooky-shook from a family member. I thought I was going to have problems cause I am only 25, and ****ty credit but I guess I got lucky

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My credit is crappy. I can afford the car without a problem, I guess I am gonaa have to find a damn co-signer

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Bring em some Cocoa Puffs. (So they know how KoOkOo you are going over this whole ordeal.)

[ April 25, 2001: Message edited by: Badman Forever ]

·
Registered
103 Posts
If you are have trouble leasing...then why don't you finance..if you want the car so bad, I am sure you wouldn't mind owning it. My credit is crappy also..in fact I never paid off a car loan when I was 18. If you know your credit is bad...why are you trying to lease? Thats harder to do, and you need a higher credit score. Finance..and put down a decent sized Deposit...I put down 6,000. Whatever it takes to get the car, save it and put it down. Good Luck.

[ April 26, 2001: Message edited by: Zxarkon ]

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So you are saying it is easier to get financed to buy than to lease? I did not know that. I may have to look into that. The payments would be wayyyy more, but then again the car would be mine and I would not have to worry about mileage. I have to ask my sales rep about financing now

·
Registered
611 Posts
I got mine yesterday from Watertown and I financed it. I was suprised that Toyota approved my credit, because it's cr*p! (My credit union denied me). I traded in my Honda Accord and I only got 8K for it. Try speaking to Tom Christopoulos he is one of the sales managers there. My sales person was Glenn Schwartz and he was very helpful.
Good Luck!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts