Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My regular mechanic noticed that my front right strut had some oil smear coming down from under the boot. I took it to the dealer in my area and they say it looks OK and its not a problem even though it sometimes knocks (bottom out) when it goes over a series of bumps or pot holes. But if it is leaking oil should it not be replaced?
For those in the Wash DC area what's your verdict on Lexus of SS?
Are they just avoiding the warranty work? Car has 21K miles on the odo.
Whats your take ?
thanks

·
8,827 Posts
If it knocks and leaking oil, there is nothing normal about it.
I would take it to a different dealer.

·
3,160 Posts
Sparky said:
My regular mechanic noticed that my front right strut had some oil smear coming down from under the boot. I took it to the dealer in my area and they say it looks OK and its not a problem even though it sometimes knocks (bottom out) when it goes over a series of bumps or pot holes. But if it is leaking oil should it not be replaced?
For those in the Wash DC area what's your verdict on Lexus of SS?
Are they just avoiding the warranty work? Car has 21K miles on the odo.
Whats your take ?
thanks
Have you done any suspension mods?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well good news :D . Went back to dealer yesterday evening and after practically all the technicians and lead mechanic taking a look at it they decided that it needs changing. So on thursday I go back to have it replace. Perseverence pays off :x . If you don't stick it to them they will to you.
Thanks for all the responses.

·
2,360 Posts
That's still BS. You shouldn't have to go back twice. The dealer should have jumped on it IMMEDIATELY. I worked at a dealer for 12 years and there is no friggin way I would have ever sent a customer away with a problem as you described.
I would look for a different dealer after this repair is completed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.