Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All cars that come out of my local dealer have a front vanity plate. I took it off and now have 2 killer holes. Does anyone have a good solution to plug the holes? (leave jokes about plugging the holes out plz). I asked if they had plugs and they said "UM, NO"

·
Registered
5,072 Posts
a couple of people have gotten some little plugs and painted them with touch up paint. If you do a search, you can probably find some info. A good body shop guy can probably fix them up too. The dealer I purchased my car from mistakenly put on a front plate when I specifically requested it not be put on, so they had some detail/body shop guy patch it up and you can't even tell they were ever there.

·
Premium Member
52,282 Posts
I just took a couple of plastic fasteners of the appropriat size, painted them and stuck them in. You'd almost have to know they were there to notice them. You can get the expansion type fasteners at NAPA auto parts.

·
8,827 Posts
k-lo said:
That's odd your dealer puts those on. Ohio has a mandatory front plate law and ours don't do that.
You must've bought yours from Classic Lexus. :crazy:
Metro Lexus does it for all of their cars.

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
vlad_a said:
k-lo said:
That's odd your dealer puts those on. Ohio has a mandatory front plate law and ours don't do that.
You must've bought yours from Classic Lexus. :crazy:
Metro Lexus does it for all of their cars.
I did indeed get it from Classic. On the East side, there is nothing BUT Classic! lol I love their dealerships though. The chicks working the desk at Classic Chevy I went to highschool with, and the two from Classic Lexus are just straight hot! When i get back home I will probably be due for an oil change, so hopefully they will still be there to pitch the move on. I'm sure they have to be able to sneak me some free Classic coupuns for something! :lol:

·
8,827 Posts
I'm in the South East area, so all 3 dealerships around are about the same distance. Those pr!cks at Classic thought I was some rich guy when I was there pricing my 2003 IS300. Good thing Metro took good care of me again. There only was $5,500 price difference between the two (2001 IS300 trade-in played a big role).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.