Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Acura dealer asking 10k for my 01 is300 with salvage title ask trade in for rxs type s. What yall guys think???

·
Premium Member
6,292 Posts
What year is your rxs type s? Did your run a check on the vehicle and why was it deemed salvage-water damage, fire or major accident?

·
Registered
508 Posts
No, I think you got it wrong Gray Rider. He is saying his dealer wants to buy his salvaged IS for 10k, and the RSX-s is the car poster wants to buy.

·
Premium Member
6,292 Posts
amzoon sorry....totally got it the wrong way-owned. :)

Why was the IS deemed salvage (water damage, fire or major accident) anyways? IMHO, $10Gs is a good price for your IS with a salvage title. KBB trade in valvue for an 01 IS in excellent condition is only $9,800 something.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Gray Rider said:
amzoon sorry....totally got it the wrong way-owned. :)

Why was the IS deemed salvage (water damage, fire or major accident) anyways? IMHO, $10Gs is a good price for your IS with a salvage title. KBB trade in valvue for an 01 IS in excellent condition is only $9,800 something.
^^i disagree with your figure $9,800 for a 01 IS in excellent condition way too low. I just checked the Kelly blue book trade-in value online for my 01' IS with about 73k on it in GOOD condition it says $13,705

·
Hello World
3,733 Posts
Not a great dead, I guess. There is a definite difference between V4 and V6. Turn A/C on while driving. Sounds hell if it's V4, lol... Just a thought

·
Registered
926 Posts
RanFerr_is300 said:
^^i disagree with your figure $9,800 for a 01 IS in excellent condition way too low. I just checked the Kelly blue book trade-in value online for my 01' IS with about 73k on it in GOOD condition it says $13,705
Yea, but he said his is a "salvage title."
So, IMO. that a fair trade

·
Dr. JDM
9,332 Posts
sounds good go for it

·
Registered
6,365 Posts
SLayerS said:
Not a great dead, I guess. There is a definite difference between V4 and V6. Turn A/C on while driving. Sounds hell if it's V4, lol... Just a thought

wtf is a V4

·
Registered
633 Posts
i think he ment to say the 4 banger? V is how the pistions are set along each other (V shape), but the rsx type-s is a inline motor, so the pistions are in a straight line.

·
Registered
6,365 Posts
240sx_is300 said:
i think he ment to say the 4 banger? V is how the pistions are set along each other (V shape), but the rsx type-s is a inline motor, so the pistions are in a straight line.
exactly the rsx is a inline 4 and i have never heard of a v4, where did he get the v6 from rsx has no v6 and IS is inline 6 so which leaves me to be he knows nothin

edit:there is such thing as a v4

·
Dr. JDM
9,332 Posts
i think it's pretty clear from the responses what you should do

·
Premium Member
6,292 Posts
amazoon, my apology for misreading your post #1.

RanFerr is300, my apology to you too for not clarifying my answer on post #8.

The estimated price I gave on post # 8 was factored in with a salvage title in mind. So I think it's a fair deal if the Acura dealer is offering $10G for amazoons' IS. Don't forget we don't know the reason why amazoon insurance deemed his IS a salvage, it could be for several reason such as water damage, fire, or major accident. The car could have been fixed to it's original form but it will car that salvage title for the rest of the cars' life. I still think $10G is a fair price for a trade in....it could be less.

Go for it, bro. :)

·
Registered
3,031 Posts
lexluger180 said:
exactly the rsx is a inline 4 and i have never heard of a v4, where did he get the v6 from rsx has no v6 and IS is inline 6 so which leaves me to be he knows nothin

edit:there is such thing as a v4
I was thinking the same thing.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts