Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20,481 Posts
That's only with perfect credit history. It's also a problem if you have no history. Need mortgage payments etc. for APR that low.

·
11,061 Posts
Originally posted by PMD911:
That's only with perfect credit history. It's also a problem if you have no history. Need mortgage payments etc. for APR that low.

You mean you don't cultivate spotless credit?

·
Registered
341 Posts
Agreed, 6.6% is not meant for the masses. Think of it as a reward for those who take care of their credit.

Although PMD911 is right, most of the kids on this board buying an IS have never owned a credit card, much less a house.

------------------
Kompressor
`01 Millenium Silver IS300

·
Registered
30,635 Posts
Originally posted by PMD911:
Yes, this all too true.... I bought and I got screwed w/ 15% apr... No credit history doesn't equal bad credit, just NO credit. Imagine being a bank selling to someone like me: 23, single male, just graduated, no credit history. I can't say I blame them.

I refinanced 2 months after I bought at 7%, so I'm doing well

·
Registered
341 Posts
I know a few people in your situation Soybomb. I built up a good credit history in college by getting a couple credit cards and either not using them, or using them even if I didn't need to and then writing a check to pay it off the next day. After 4 years of using 3 cards and never waiting more than a month to pay them off, you get flawless credit. Now that we own a home, the banks will give you anything.

Case in point: we financed our IS at 6.5% last month.

------------------
Kompressor
`01 Millenium Silver IS300

·
Registered
6,544 Posts
i was about to b*tch, i thought you were talking about apr aluminum wings

------------------
'01 Lexus IS300
'91 Acura NSX
'95 Nissan Maxima

1 - 7 of 7 Posts