Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Lexus IS300
242 Posts
You are posting a bunch of random things in different places like this thread. Give it some time.

·
Registered
2002 Lexus IS300
242 Posts
Lol. I’m new as you can tell. I don’t flood the forum with a million questions as you have.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
1. 44k car now worth 5k.
2. People moved on to newer better cars.
3. Forum got flooded with fast and furious street racing children duped into buying a "4 door supra".
4. Forum died.
5. I've been here since 2007, I've seen the lowering of the bar. From the days of SRT and PFS quality builds to present day budget ebay garage builds. I haunt this place now.

·
Mr. Roo
9,583 Posts
Let's keep things civil and friendly guys! Don't need to kill the forum even more!

Seems like this site is dead, I made a post like 18 hours ago and im still waiting for it to be approved.
This isn't facebook or social media where people live on it 24/7. Forums have always been a slower form of communication, which is why people stopped using them. The younger generations have gotten more impatient and more about 'instant gratification" with a large helping of self-entitlement that everyone will serve them hand and foot. People don't exist to cater to your every need instantly. The people who post on here do so voluntarily. Nobody gets anything out of being helpful on here.

That said, the typical forum etiquette is to go 24 hours or even days between "bumps" and expectations for replies. Not everyone can get on the forum every day. So, be patient, and understand that forums tend to be slower than facebook. Facebook is a much better place for getting answers, though the quality of those answers tends to be lesser. I like forums because you can actually find information and search for things, and the information posted will be easy to find even years later. Unlike facebook and social media where it's here today and gone tomorrow (unless you do something bad and then you'll never outlive that lol)

I have approved your post.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Patience is definitely key! I've been here since 2006 and there were times even back then where it would take days to get a response back. There's other groups on other social media platforms such as Facebook where you can get quicker responses for the IS300. I'm often there these days since there's a bunch of new owners there always asking questions. I suggest to look into that too.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Unless FaceBook really does some serious work to make posts more persistent and searchable, there will always be love for forums. I'm happy to see this place soldiering on, but of course less thrilled about these once great cars falling into the hands of reformed Honda fan boys who try to turbocharge them for $3000 and are then dismayed when they don't deliver big results. Fortunately, I think there will be some hardcore devoted folks who have stuck around from the beginning...and they are the reason I'm still here too.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts