Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, this morning I went to put in a cd in the changer, there were 4 already in there. What I believe happened is it tried to load the disc ontop of another already in there as I could hear it spinning over another disc.

Now none will play, or eject, and it just makes an odd changing noise when I try to eject or play or switch cd's

Anyone had this problem know a solution? Would this be covered under warranty? I am the second owner of this '01 & it has about 51000 miles.

I would just go ahead and switch out all of the audio equipment with new components but I am unsure if I am keeping this car.

Anyone who knows plz reply, thx
:roll:

·
11,054 Posts
Yah, well....if you got this far on the first CD changer you're doing better than a lot of us. Take it to the dealer. Odds are they will just order you a new one. I'm on my third already and am only just getting to my 30K service. Be prepared though; they'll send the entire unit back to the factory and you won't see your CDs for a few months.

Oh, and make sure you note to them that the changer never indicated that the drive was full and that is probably why more than one got in the same drive.

·
8,849 Posts
Or,
If you're a little mechanically inclined, take the CD changer cover off and re-allign the disks. If you search under my name, you will find detailed instructions posted in General Discussions.

[edit]
Here are the instructions

1 - 3 of 3 Posts