Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had this problem intermittently before, but it seems to be happening more regularly. I park and lock the car and later notice the tailights and DRLs are on. Unlocking and starting the car doesn't help. Once they come on, they are on until I disconnect the battery.

It seems there is likely a relay that is the culprit. I tried to track it down a while back and didn't find any issues. I had a difficult time identifying the security relay. None of the relays in the engine bay seemed to be an issue. In the drivers footwell, I tried to access the big relay there. I can't recall if I was able to get it out. Is that the security relay? Is there a bypass?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

·
3,359 Posts
As far as the DRL. It is the module under the hood on the Passenger side shock tower. Just unplug it. If the lights still persist. I would look at the switch for the lights. Basically it may be a short in the stalk switch. Otherwise you would need to look for some bad wiring short.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I'll check it out. When you say the passenger side shock tower, are you talking in the fuse box in that area or is there a stand alone module? Because I had unplugged all the relays in that fuse box and none effected the issue.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I saw the DRL relay you mentioned. I have locked/armed the car so I will see if they come on again and, if so, will unplug the relays. However, since the tailights also come on, I think it is related to the security system, but I will fiddle with the DRLs first.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts