Lexus IS Forum banner

4701 - 4720 of 4720 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
So Ohio, yeah. I am back in ohio, was cruising around the other day and saw a few IS300s. One was GGP, one was IBP, and I'm rollin' in my AR. Anybody else in Ohio looking for IS300s, let me know.

·
Recently Constipated
931 Posts
Pretty way cool. Got this from my AutoX forum...go to the link and send a message to Columbus city council. This would be awesome to use for an OH2K sometime.

"As some of you may be aware, a few of us OVR guys have been working with a local Columbus developer to gain access to an exciting new AutoX site.

For several years we were able to hold events at Cooper Stadium close to downtown Columbus. Unfortunately, when the baseball team moved into their new stadium 3 years ago we lost access to the old stadium parking lots, which have been sitting empty ever since.

Now we are on the verge of getting city approval to turn the old Cooper Stadium into Cooper Park Complex, a mixed use Motorsports R&D center with 1/2 mile racetrack. If this development is approved, we will once again be able to use the parking lots around the stadium (minus lightpoles) that we used to enjoy.

But the better news is that we will also be able to use the entire infield of the racetrack for AutoX, effectively creating a unique AutoX stadium. The developer has agreed to pave the entire infield so that we will have maximum flexibility with course design.

But in order to make this happen we need your help. Columbus City Council is holding a special hearing on Tuesday, June 21st to gage public support for the project. As that date approaches, the city has encouraged people to voice their opinion, either through Email or phone calls to them.

Please go to Cooper Park Complex to learn more about the project. There is a place on the main page where you can click to have a letter sent to Columbus City Council on your behalf. To learn more about Cooper Park Complex, click on the video animation to take a tour of the facility.

Now is the time to let Columbus know how much the people of Ohio support this project. Call or Email today."

·
Registered
90 Posts
anyone in cinci still meeting up?

·
Registered
3,830 Posts
Lots of ohio guys either sold their car or are out of the car scene. Id be down but got a lot of stuff going on the next two months. If you can get a bunch of people together id be down.

I think willy tried to get a bunch together and I am not sure if he was successful or not.

·
Registered
317 Posts
yeah i understand that, my one friend who had an IS totaled it and now has a CTS-V. I guess we would have a better turn out of mixed cars. sucks because I see a lot of IS's runnin around columbus that people have put money into but you just dont see them at any car meets

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Hey everyone. How's tricks? Heh, long time no hearie from lots of folks. Well a bit of an update from me. I quit Macy's back last August, went to work for Giant Eagle, took my CompTIA A+, Network+ and Security+ exams back last October and passed with flying colors. Quit Giant Eagle in April and went back to werk for Macy's, but as a Field Technician in their IT division. I have 4 stores of responsibility, Clearance Furniture near Eastland Mall, Easton Mall, Lima Mall and Upper Valley Mall in Springfield. I have a company car, a 2011 Jeep Patriot, anemic as hell in power, but it gets the job done. For the 1st time in 20+ years I can say I love my job. My Wife and I are still crusin' along, no little Mark's to report, but it's not been for the lack of tryin' ;) The IS is not in the best shape ... it needs a new front bumper, drivers side front fender work and a total respray to be honest. The factory paint on these were horrible. Don't think I've washed it in 2 years, waxed it in 3 and vacuumed it in over a year. How the mighty have fallen. Speaking of which, did I really see only 7 cars at MW2k12 this year? WOW dissapointing to say the least. Anyway, hope some of the old timers post up ... Willy, Jeff, Phillz, Brett, Colin, anyone out there?

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Wish more old timers would have posted. Guess I'm just as bad .... Haven't posted since August.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Sup Midwest Homies !!!

Bringing the old thread back to life ......

Hey all how ya been? Anyone still around? Phillz, Colin, Willy, Natty?

Here's the new hotness

4701 - 4720 of 4720 Posts