Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as you can see im new posting here but have been reading these boards often for a while now.

ive got quite a bit of custom things in my is but want to do some dashboard mods.

i am really wanting to put in blue led lighting behind my guages and key ring.
i read the thread on here about the 194 leds from autolumination but wasnt too clear on how many, and which.

my friend owns his own shop and does most of my stuff for me and told me if i can get the leds he will put it all in for free.

sorry if this sounds completely new of me but any help on getting what i need would be greatly appreciated thanks.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the guide but its not the putting together i need

are you trying to say i can get the full cluster premade from lls?

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ive got about 600$ to throw down on whatever i need even though i doubt itll be that much .
i know lots of people have the blue led gauge lights on here
any help is great

·
Registered
295 Posts
If you can take the gauge cluster out then you will find that you have 5 bulbs to make up the lighting in the gauge cluster. You will need 3 #194 LED bulbs and 2 #74 LED bulbs. Which can be found at SUPER BRIGHT LEDS home I would buy 6 #194's to see which work best in the Wide LED format. I'd definitely get the wide angle LEDS for the gauge cluster. As for a bonus, for the A/C control you will need 3 neo type B LED bulbs and 2 type A if you plan on doing the clock. You can find these bulbs at www.autolumination.com Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thaks alot lexusngermany

its the 12 volt car ones right?
the first on that page?

·
Registered
650 Posts
If you can take the gauge cluster out then you will find that you have 5 bulbs to make up the lighting in the gauge cluster. You will need 3 #194 LED bulbs and 2 #74 LED bulbs. Which can be found at SUPER BRIGHT LEDS home I would buy 6 #194's to see which work best in the Wide LED format. I'd definitely get the wide angle LEDS for the gauge cluster. As for a bonus, for the A/C control you will need 3 neo type B LED bulbs and 2 type A if you plan on doing the clock. You can find these bulbs at www.autolumination.com Tail Light Brake Light Turn Signal LED Bulbs Hope this helps.
awsome. this is exactly what i was looking for too!! +rep

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
which in your opinion are the best out of the super bright leds?

WLED-x5 LED Wedge Base Bulbs

but not sure

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Get the supernova bulbs. The superstars i heard crap out.
Also a member on here said he used the "snake light" for the clock
and the light spread was perfect.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hey lexus n germany which wled u use?

·
Registered
295 Posts
After looking at my packages these are the Leds I have. WLED-B5 (194) 12V non-polarized. And 74 BHP Mini Wedge Base 12V polarized (Blue High Power). Both of these are from superbrightleds.com Also, remember that the 74 bulbs are non-polarized so if they do not work the first time, turn them 180 degrees and try again. Hope this solves any problems you maybe experiencing.

·
Latex salesman
5,633 Posts
I saw your PM, I'll see what I can do next week. Iused to have the #74 LEDs in there but they burned out. A friend (truthunter) did it for me but he soldered the LEDs in. With the #24 LED, all he needed was the stock bulb holders and they fit very snug.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts