Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not necessarily you IS3 owners, but do any of you Lexus owners notice your parking brake light turning on at random times while you're driving. Mine on my ES3 has been turning on recently, sometimes while I break, other times during general driving. It seems like it's only occured during the past few days, when it's been cold (20-degrees or so) My windshield fluid guage has also been doing this for a while. Anyone know what the cause could be?

·
Podiatrist
23,616 Posts
This is how your brake sensor light works.
As your brakes wear down, the fluid in your reservoir SHOULD go down also. When this fluid is low, your brake light goes on. If your brake light is still going on, maybe it is time for you to get new brake pads.

On my ES3 a few years ago, the same thing happened. The brake light would only go on periodically, around turns and such. After a while, it stayed on. This is because the brakes wore down.

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
if it is filled to the rim, then check the connection to the connector for the cap of the resorvoir, or check the connector for the e brake, one of the 2 isn't working all the time, the way it should.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
5 Participants
IS300GTE
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing