1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Referring to this DIY

http://my.is/forums/6096228-post51.html

Step #22

What exactly am I looking at here? Is this referring to the pocket under the arm rest? If so, I do not have two screws in there.

I have yanked on the A-pillars on both sides of the car and they will not budge. Is there a technique to getting them off?

Also, does the airbag pull out when you take the dash out?

·
Registered
415 Posts
yes the 2 screws in the picture are in the storage tray under the arm rest. there's a little piece of carpet in there that hides them. the A pillars are bolted with a 10mm bolt under the square panel that says "srs airbag" toward the top of the pillar. pry out the little square cap and the bolt is underneath. once you pull the bolt out the A pillar slide up (toward the ceiling) and comes off. the side airbags stay in place, just be sure not to poke, or pinch the side curtain airbag when putting the A pillar back on.

·
Registered
6,598 Posts
For the arm rest pic... remove the piece of felt covering the screws

for the pillars... did you remove the "SRS Curtain Airbag" cap and remove the screws?

edit: removing the door weather strip helps the pillars come out easier

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Reps for both answers. No where in the directions did it state to remove srs square or to remove felt. These steps were towards the end and I think the author got tired/lazy. Thanks guys

Does the passenger airbag stay in the car when you take the dash out? Or is it all one piece (i did unbolt the airbag from the bottom)

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
On the A-Pillars. Remove the screws. Yet to get those out slowly pull them out and make sure not to lose the metal clips which attach to the pillars. They sometimes like to get stuck in there and if they do you can easily push them into the car which you will never get them back. haha. ive done it 3 times.

When removing the dash just remember to pull and tug slow. Not to go nuts on it and rip it out. You will see everything. As i took mine out with no write up yet just kept looking for the next nut or bolt.

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
The dashboard is a come out first item. Take it out first before you do the dashboard.

MAKES SURE!!!! MAKE SURE!!!! MAKE SURE!!!

You unplug the battery for this whole evolution. Wait 5-10 mins before disconecting anything.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.