Lexus IS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ever tried changing it from the factory orange to another color?
Do you all think it is the panels themselves that are orange with a white backlit bulb?
Can I try some leds behind it and get something new?
Thoughts :roll:

·
Registered
212 Posts
Here are some links for u.
http://www.is300.net/modules.php?name=3DForums&file=3Dviewtopic&t=3D13350061&highlight=3D

http://www.is300.net/modules.php?name=3DForums&file=3Dviewtopic&t=3D13334876&highlight=3Dinterior

Do you all think it is the panels themselves that are orange with a white backlit bulb?
No the panels is not orange, the incandescent bulbs are yellowish with a orange silicon jacket, that's why you see the orange
glow.

Yes you can try to replace it with different color LEDs directly but it kindna dim unless you do some serious mods, as mentioned in one of Wxman's post, that's the reason why he's not sharing the how to because someone will end up breaking their dash and other parts, I can understand that because I am working on the same project with another IS200 member for a couple of months now, and we have to remove the dash, needle and stereo apart so many time, PM Wxman and he can do it for you without the trouble.

Other than that just wait a few more months, we almost complete with the same project, only the a/c part left and I found a solution for that already, just waiting for more parts to be shipped. Maybe in a few months once everything is done I'll post how to (depend on how complicate it will be), also possibly a kit from Paul (the IS200 member I mentioned, because I wouldn't want anyone to break their dash either) he had all the pcb made already for ease of installation with some small bulbs. I'll post everything once I completed the setup.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Here are some links for u.
http://www.is300.net/modules.php?name=3DForums&file=3Dviewtopic&t=3D13350061&highlight=3D
http://www.is300.net/modules.php?name=3DForums&file=3Dviewtopic&t=3D13334876&highlight=3Dinterior

No the panels is not orange, the incandescent bulbs are yellowish with a orange silicon jacket, that's why you see the orange glow.
[/quote]

Yes you can try to replace it with different color LEDs directly but it kindna dim unless you do some serious mods, as mentioned in one of Wxman's post, that's the reason why he's not sharing the how to because someone will end up breaking their dash and other parts, I can understand that because I am working on the same project with another IS200 member for a couple of months now, and we have to remove the dash, needle and stereo apart so many time, PM Wxman and he can do it for you without the trouble.

Other than that just wait a few more months, we almost complete with the same project, only the a/c part left and I found a solution
for that already, just waiting for more parts to be shipped. Maybe in a few months once everything is done I'll post how to (depend on how complicate it will be), also possibly a kit from Paul (the IS200 member I mentioned, because I wouldn't want anyone to break their dash either) he had all the pcb made already for ease of installation with some small bulbs. I'll post everything once I completed the setup.

·
Registered
4,416 Posts
I am not sure what the deal is with that Paul guy. I have chatted with him a couple times and even told him that I would work with on a kit for both the us and europe. He never messaged me back. He will find out over the long haul just how difficult the ac area is.

I would have released this long ago, but the cost seems to drive people away. I just don't want to get in a situation where these guys have to rip their dash apart every 2 months.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.