Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
what the easiest way to take out the center part of the dash(where the cd player and A/c is. i need to connect my signal wire for my system to the back of the cd player and looking for a fast way to do so

thanks

·
Premium Member
26,324 Posts
bigkahuna2187 said:
what the easiest way to take out the center part of the dash(where the cd player and A/c is. i need to connect my signal wire for my system to the back of the cd player and looking for a fast way to do so

thanks
aka disassemble

i don't even think spell check could help this guy.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
start from the top - if you have a lint tray, pop off the felt cover, remove the two bolts under. i don't quite remember the rest..lol..but work your way down, removing the obvious bolts holding in the HVAC unit and the HU. only exception is sliding off the little shelf that holds the trac off button under the HU. 2 more bolts down there and you're good to go.

fast means 20 min (if that) for a novice. 5 min for experienced people.

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
Step 1: pop up lint tray with a small flat head screw driver.
Step 2: take out screws under tray
Step 3: pull tray straight toward you
Step 4: take 2 10mm bolts out that were exposed
Step 5: pull straight out on the tray UNDER the radio
Step 6: take out 2 10mm bolts from below radio
Step 7: Unplug 2 plugs from heater controls and 2 or 3 plugs and antenna from radio and remove. The switched power wire is grey in the bigger of the plugs in the radio.

Install is the opposite of disassembly.

·
Registered
6,365 Posts
the lint tray is kinda hard....not really but you just have to pull quite hard then work your way down with the bolts....i also recommend mask taping the edges of the dash so you do not scratch the dash

·
Registered
873 Posts
step 1: SEARCH BUTTON. dude there are SO many threads on this. look up "cd changer jammed" or something and u will be BOUND to find something man. It is actually quite easy and shouldnt take u too long. a lot of people have said it before, but seriously be careful that the dash isnt scratched. it is VERY easy to scratch our dashes. Anyways, good luck with whatever u do.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts