Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its back ,,,,,,,sort of.

Here is a link i haven;t checked it out much just thought i would share my favorite show i have ever been to in T.O.
Darknights Auto Salon

Reactions: Crester

·
Registered
962 Posts
yup it's their "return"

which is bs, considering it's not even their own show. it's a collaboration with another promoter.

if it was any type of return, it should've been on their own.

the concept of darknights was pretty fun, but overall organization was absolute CRAP.

no one knew what anyone else did, let alone their own roles.

stuff like tech-in was an absolute nightmare.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey even Brittney had to make a comeback as well and it was small. Hopefully it goes better.
They could never organize but bringing my BBQ and chilling for the weekend outside was the best.

·
Registered
6,488 Posts

Digger08

Reactions: Crester

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
DIGGER FTW!!! :cool:

While SK's girls have got "back"... Digger's is a good overall package. She's standing beside it like a trophy. Plus I like the fact that Digger kept the girls from climbing all over his car. :approve: lol

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If they say a picture is worth a thousand words then i guess these ones are it.
Some say a car is an extension of ones self........
While digger gets trophy's to stand beside his ,i get more than one at a time all over mine.
LMAO
:)

·
Registered
962 Posts
i think that pic is from the '05 darknights?

the IBP to the left is actually my god brother's old IS. and that chick was my buddy's ex-gf's friend.

she was hot, can't remember her name except that she was Romanian and liked boxing.

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
IBP was Boi's car

Digger08

·
Registered
962 Posts
IBP was Boi's car

Digger08
yup. John no longer has the car, he got rid of it this past april.

that darknights was fun. lots of drinking was done at the "party tent".

we had so many drinks available, that we had random show goers asking if we were a beer tent selling drinks. :p

here's another pic of said female.

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
If I remember, John was getting married and needed to sell his car.

Paalam

Digger08

·
Registered
962 Posts
If I remember, John was getting married and needed to sell his car.

Paalam

Digger08
yup he's married. his wife is my "cousin" (you know the filipino culture). he's got a 1yr old boy now, who is my godson.

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
Yup, my GF is Pinoy.

Digger08

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
WOW what an absolute waste of time money and energy.
Performance world was an absolute disaster.
It had some real POS cars with more popcorn and nut booths than car parts for sale. The upper DKN section was filled with junk like the team 24k club which is complete ass cars butchered up . They should be ashamed to even put those cars in a show in the first place.

Stay away from this waste of time even if it only takes 20 minutes to walk through it.

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
??? What show are you talking about??? :confused:

According to the website Darknights is in March this year...

BUT... Speed-o-Rama is this weekend. Is that the show you are talking about?

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
Just a reminder that the 2008 Darknights "show" is on this weekend at the International Centre! (by the airport)

Anybody going? For those who aren't aware tho... this Darknights show is just a small part of a larger show. So it's not going to be as large as the previous outdoor events.

Darknights Auto Salon

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
Is anybody else checking out this show? I'm heading out there today.

·
Registered
941 Posts
well i just got back from it now...and as soon as i walked into the building, hall 1 , its all domestic stuff, muscle car stuff, which some of u guys might like to check out, but for me, nope! lol, and as u walk along from room to room, thats all i saw, more domestic crap, and then finally i saw the sign up, to the darknights "show" so we followed that and as soon as u walk into that hall, its quite the difference in atmosphere thats for sure. Lights are dimmer in the hall, louder music, and a ton more girls walking around, lol. Overall i dont think it was even worth 20$ , and its been a while since ive been to an import show, last time was when i had my itr, and yea, its still the same crap basically, although there were some nice clean cars there as always.

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
I just finished with that show not too long ago as well. To be honest... the Darknights part of the show was pretty much a ricefest. :pissed: The only thing good about the show was the large number of girls! :cool:

There were some nice show cars from companies... but other than that... pure RICERS!!!

Oh and speaking about one of the cars that aren't rice... I finally met Supershyguy! I always saw his car... but never him. I found out his screen name is actually an accurate description of himself as well. I wanted to take a pic of him with his car... but he was too "shy". lol

The only part of the show where there were cars worth looking at were the classics and some muscle cars.

If you are looking for something to do then you can go to this show... but otherwise... don't kill yourself trying to get there. It's not that big of a deal.

I'll post pics later...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts