Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hit a huge pothole yseterday. Today noticed that there's a bubble on the front tire.
The tire is OEM Bridgestone Potenza that was installed just about 10k miles ago (cost me $280 for a single tire :( )

Anyway, I just want to replace all 4 tires now since my rear tires are super-noisy chinese shits but it'll take me a bit to gather monetary resources :)

Is driving with a bubble on front tire more or less safe? Only for about 1-2 weeks?

·
Registered
4,378 Posts
lol I swear..I'll make a thread next about "bad roads in nyc". I got a pair of "used" oem bridgstone re92 tires with 8/32 thread remaining (80-90% still practically new, the chalk was still visible) off ebay for $130 mounted and balanced from a tire shop out in L.I. You just have to look around. It depends on how bad the bubble is, check it every day to see if it gets worse.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Another victim falls to the infamous NYC potholes. Where does our taxes go, especially with the so call report a pot hole via 311?

Driving with a bubble for an extended period is not wise. You'll never know when it'll pop so replace it ASAP and just check your tire pressure more religously.

·
Registered
6,232 Posts
I hit a huge pothole yseterday. Today noticed that there's a bubble on the front tire.
The tire is OEM Bridgestone Potenza that was installed just about 10k miles ago (cost me $280 for a single tire :( )

Anyway, I just want to replace all 4 tires now since my rear tires are super-noisy chinese shits but it'll take me a bit to gather monetary resources :)

Is driving with a bubble on front tire more or less safe? Only for about 1-2 weeks?
change it out asap. it'll pop on you. a bubble means there is a break on the inside of the tire.

·
Registered
3 Posts

By any chance you still have this tire ? If you do pm thanks

·
Registered
4,761 Posts
I once killed 3 (expensive) tires at once getting on the Hutch because they "forgot" to make a smooth transition between old and new asphalt while repaving, instead creating a 6" wall.

With all the taxes people pay in NY, you would expect world-class roads. Glad I don't work there anymore...

·
Registered
4,378 Posts
lol I swear..I'll make a thread next about "bad roads in nyc". I got a pair of "used" oem bridgstone re92 tires with 8/32 thread remaining (80-90% still practically new, the chalk was still visible) off ebay for $130 mounted and balanced from a tire shop out in L.I. You just have to look around. It depends on how bad the bubble is, check it every day to see if it gets worse.
Well i'm not going to make a new thread but a couple days after posting this I lost my front passenger tire...lmao. I think I jinxed myself..lol. I'm mad.:pissed:

·
Registered
61 Posts
the roads are bad...out of nowhere...HUGE ASS pothole, more like crater.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.