Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seriously...where the hell does the name CHRIST-mas come from anyways?

http://www.nationalreview.com/dreher/dreher121102.asp

"I don't know why we live in a country where people are so damn uptight that they can't stand the thought of seeing the Baby Jesus," Catholic League head Bill Donohue fumed yesterday. "If you don't like it, look away."

If only it were that easy, the Catholic League wouldn't have had to join with plaintiffs in filing a federal lawsuit on Monday, charging the New York City public school system with religious discrimination and an unconstitutional infringement on the First Amendment rights of Christian schoolchildren. In New York City, Nativity scenes are banned from public schools — but you'll never guess what they allow.

According to a November 28, 2001, memorandum from the schools chancellor's top lawyer, "The display of secular holiday symbol decorations is permitted. Such symbols include, but are not limited to, Christmas trees, Menorahs, and the Star and Crescent." ...
edit...i guess i'm too stupid to figure out how to close the quote

·
Registered
30,635 Posts
seperation of church and state and PC freaks run-amok...
don't blame all of 'em just the few that are real pains in our collective asses.

·
Registered
81 Posts
This country is no longer on a democratic system. The whining minorities, that take everything to the courts, now run this country. It's a sad thing. We used to have freedom of religion, now it's turned into freedom from religion. :pissed:

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
tell those fucking crybaby losers to go beg on the street corners if they want money for doing nothing. honestly, all these lawsuits, you have to ask, DOES IT FUCKING MATTER? no it doesnt. go save a whale free tibet and hug a tree instead you whining fags.

honestly i hate these lawsuit filing fuckoffs who sue over nothing. they should be publicly beaten

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
5 Participants
TexIS300
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing