Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I was almost done with the exterior of my car. I had 3/4 of the Wald kit here and about to go in the spray booth......When tragedy struck again. Thursday night less than 100 yards from my house, Bugs Bunny decided that he wanted to step up to the IS and lost. Unfortunately so did my new lip

This ironically happened a year ago to the day when my C-West front bumper was ripped off the day before the Mega Meet at White Marsh in 07. Must be a bad omen or something. It's tough to keep going on trying to mod the car when s***t like this keeps happening. Seeing as I raised the car considerably from what it was a year ago (1.5"), it's hard to believe I'm still low

So the very next day I ordered a new lip as well as a few other goodies :woohoo:. The lip and everything else will be here on the 31st and it will all be going to get sprayed on the 1st. Needless to say the doing everything I can to keep my spirits high. Rest assured come hell or high water, the blue IS will be back in time for Carlisle and thats a promise.

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
That must have been a HUGE wabbit. I took out a pitbull with my car. Result = total loss!......well I hit a guard rail after the dog too though. I've got some pretty sweet pics of it all.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i hear ya thats rough. ive been there too. i think for every mod that brings me one step further something else goes wrong or breaks to bring me 2 steps back. but you have to keep modding on.

im surprised that it snapped in 3. what wass that lip made of?
Yeah everytime I take a step forward I always end up two steps behind due to problems. Thats why not only did I buy a new lip, but I also got a few more things coming.

My first Wald lip was fiberglass and it snapped exactly the same as this one. This one is made of plastic. Good thing that the plastic one fits so tightly that I didn't have to screw onto the bumper or else this would have been a lot worse.

·
Registered
4,530 Posts
Is time for JDM
haha

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
That's rough, maybe you should consider a more subtle kit if the lower ones keep getting ripped off. Good luck with the new stuff you ordered!

·
Premium Member
23,314 Posts
I'd say its time for a japanese spec bumper and TRD lip.......

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Honestly this could have happened to anyone. I like the aggressive look of the Wald lip and thats what I'm going to stick with. The dealer ripped off the last one, so it's not like I'm out doing anything stupid and causing the damage myself. Being that I daily drive the car and live on a back road with all kinds of wild animals roaming around, this was bound to happen at one point. I just have to suck it up and keep it moving.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Sucky! LOL, same thing happened to me when I had my STi, only it was a deer not a rabbit and ironically, it was my C-west aero that was destroyed as well... yeah, pretty much the entire front end was destroyed. At least you can remain positive and re-bound in the right direction!

·
Maxed out Rep Club Member
14,279 Posts
That sucks! Post pix when you get everything sorted out.

·
Registered
501 Posts
ouch... mother nature aint everybody's best friend =/ sad to say... >.< hope all goes well on the next lip

·
Premium Member
10,234 Posts
sucks aye? I feel ya man. Same shit happened to me a couple of years back. The car just came out of the shop; complete respray, new front cwest, flares, etc. Two weeks later on the freeway ended up running over a retread from a semi-truck.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The new lip has shipped today along with a few other goodies.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks everyone for all the support. Once the lip gets here on Monday, It'll be going straight to spray along with some other stuff. So I should feel much better once it's all done in the next two to three weeks.

·
Registered
5,836 Posts
Damn Leroy!! sorry that shiet happen again.

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
is that the lip u got from me? sorry to see this happen man.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
is that the lip u got from me? sorry to see this happen man.
Nope, the dealer ripped off the one I got from you. :pissed:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts