Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When the light turned green, I pressed the gas pretty hard... I was accelerating pretty fast... then suddenly ... i look in my rear view mirror, in what looks to me as a Ford Explorer. I was like... I can take this thing..so i gun it... Then out of nowhere he guns it like crazy ( i thought he was already gunning it) This is insane...Then, as he is passing me... (really quickly by the way... i was at about 90 and he was at probably 105) .. I see that its not an Explorer... but a Ford Lightning. Damn... i never knew they went that fast. Thats just crazy.

( He burned Me solid... but then when i looked at the stats...it will rocket to 60 mph in under six seconds.) ... I now have a new thinking for pickups

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
Dang a Lightning huh? Haha, those things are damn fast! That musta really surprised the hell outta you. WTF? Why is an Explorer gaining on me? I woulda been thinking the same thing if that happened to me.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
This truck was actually on my initial buying list (then again, so was many other cars). I have not encounter one in real life, but I am not planing to take one on. I guess you can now call this the American Muscle Trucks.

·
Registered
571 Posts
IMO, a truck is a truck....main purpose it to haul big things.

it might be fast and all, but speed and performance is meant for the 2dr/4dr coupes and sedans.

plust it's a ford. YUK!

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
You have to remember the size of the engines they're putting in those trucks.....at least 5 liter, maybe 6,7, or even 8 liter engines!!! Plus their advantage of light weight (pickups)

Like Agent Smith said, take them to windy roads and see who can handle them better.....

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
damn.. this is weird. I saw the same guy today... only this time... he flashed me to stop at a mobil station. He got and said... damn... nice car...then i said.. damn... fast truck... We both were like.. yea. Anyway.. hez like... I think I want to trade in my truck for the IS... I told him to go to Rallye. Weird. But, do you think that Lexus will want a Pickup truck to hold onto from a trade-in?

·
Registered
262 Posts
If they don't want it, they'll just wholesale it.

Originally posted by Yogujuhere:
damn.. this is weird. I saw the same guy today... only this time... he flashed me to stop at a mobil station. He got and said... damn... nice car...then i said.. damn... fast truck... We both were like.. yea. Anyway.. hez like... I think I want to trade in my truck for the IS... I told him to go to Rallye. Weird. But, do you think that Lexus will want a Pickup truck to hold onto from a trade-in?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
9 Participants
viggen
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing