Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
welp im all stock except my intake. had a shop give me and extra k&n carb sticker for it and turns out it was for the truck intake -_-. so im jewed now. should i just replace it with my stock one orrrr try to get ahold of another carb sticker? damn srt chip that i dont know how to remove thanks to my poor solder skills

·
Registered
48 Posts
welp im all stock except my intake. had a shop give me and extra k&n carb sticker for it and turns out it was for the truck intake -_-. so im jewed now. should i just replace it with my stock one orrrr try to get ahold of another carb sticker? damn srt chip that i dont know how to remove thanks to my poor solder skills
If u do have a K&N intake u can take a pic of the intake on your car and contact K&N send them pic and they should send u a new sticker... On the SRT chip is a little tricky ur best off getting ur hands on a stock ecu... If ur not far from San bernardino I may be able to help u

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it isnt complicated to remove the srt chip its just two solder wires. problem is i dont trust myself to do it

·
Registered
48 Posts
I can remove with no problem ... Easier option is my car is currently down and mine is a 5 SPd I'd be down to roll with u and let u borrow my ecu just offering I know smog is a bastard lol

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks alot for the offer man ill keep it in mind. the shop said to just try get the correct carb number sticker and ill be fine. so im searching

·
Registered
48 Posts
Kool well good luck dude... I still got to pass smog to ugh but in the middle of rebuilding my motor

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
If you fail due to the srt chip, let me know. I will remove it then put it back for you, or we can come up with a switch to turn it on and off in the cab

1 - 10 of 10 Posts