Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Third and first CD wont eject nor play.... It is now hopeless? Can they recover the CD's out of the old player if i gotta get a new radio installed at the dealer?

------------------
  • Formerly "rarjoon (517 posts)" Still Cruisin NYC in my SBM.
  • Working on my 96 Chevy S10/350 Conversion race truck. -- Syclone 2
  • Killed Chevy S10 project... will use truck as my daily driver, and focus on tuning my IS

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Fortunately for you they replace the whole entire thing instead of trying to fix it, which is good because its pretty much guarenteed to work (for the mean time at least)...im pretty sure they can get all your CD's out too...correct me if im wrong.

------------------
Greatest of All Time
*Black on Black o1' IS
Fully Loaded
HKS Hiper Exhaust
H&R Springs
K&N Filters
Tint
Clear Tails

·
Registered
756 Posts
Originally posted by BigDaddyRich:
My Third and first CD wont eject nor play.... It is now hopeless? Can they recover the CD's out of the old player if i gotta get a new radio installed at the dealer?

Yeah your pretty much done...you have to take it in and get a new one! It may take weeks! Unless they have the new system on hand in inventory. They should. I'll tell what though, the new upgraded system does not sound as good as current system. I can leave the Bass at 5 and still play stereo past the half mark (if that made sense) and not hear any distortion on my old system (stock) and with the new upgraded system I have to turn the bass down due to distortion.
I'm quite disappointed. It also make a lot more noise when loading, changing, and ejecting CD's. From what I was told, they can't repair the system only replace it. I got my 15,000 and 30,000 mile service out of the whole ordeal. Still doesn't seem right though. It's a new car and we shouldn't have any problems etc etc...
Try getting them to fix it if they will otherwise you'll be stuck with a less comparable unit.

------------------
~DownShift~
Millenium Silver Metalic
Carbon Fiber / Spoiler

1 - 3 of 3 Posts