Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Guru of Supercharged ISs
6,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK WTF is wrong with this damn thing...???

the installation went smooth &easy once i had an idea of exactly what to do....

BUT I think i have some kinda problem now.................

...MY CE LIGHT IS BACK ON WTF!!!!

The damn O2 Sim LED IS blinking like it should too & is installed per the directions etc etc..... so i dunno WTF is wrong now... the CE light came on about exactly when (# of miles & time..) it would when ever I reset the ECU previously with NO SIM so now i am questioning WTF the sim is supposed to be doing now that it evidently MIGHT not be doing.....

ANY suggestions ????

the ONLY thing i can think to do is double check the install one mo time & possibly swap the brown ground wire from the Sim to the OTHER unused black wire from the O2 sensor.....Like Danielm did on his.....

Fhuck Me!...... :pissed:

I really do HATE this shit immensely :x

·
Registered
946 Posts
edgy said:
OK WTF is wrong with this damn thing...???

the installation went smooth &easy once i had an idea of exactly what to do....

BUT I think i have some kinda problem now.................

...MY CE LIGHT IS BACK ON WTF!!!!

The damn O2 Sim LED IS blinking like it should too & is installed per the directions etc etc..... so i dunno WTF is wrong now... the CE light came on about exactly when (# of miles & time..) it would when ever I reset the ECU previously with NO SIM so now i am questioning WTF the sim is supposed to be doing now that it evidently MIGHT not be doing.....

ANY suggestions ????

the ONLY thing i can think to do is double check the install one mo time & possibly swap the brown ground wire from the Sim to the OTHER unused black wire from the O2 sensor.....Like Danielm did on his.....

Fhuck Me!...... :pissed:

I really do HATE this sh*t immensely :x
My understanding is that it takes awhle for the CEL light to come on. Apparently that's what happened. Swapping wires seems to be the thing to do.

·
Registered
51 Posts
When I installed an intake on mine it took a couple of days for the CEL to come on (about 200 miles), and the dealer told me it was the intake. Took it of and went back to stock CEL never went on again. I finally found an intake that didn't throw the light on but when I took the car to the dealer to fix my water pump they plugged the computer in and said the car was getting way to much air over fuel and that it was going to ruin my motor, so I put the stock intake back on and it went back to normal. Now I need to find a intake that won't turn CEL on and won't F-up my motor. :crazy:

·
Guru of Supercharged ISs
6,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
uuummm thanks .. .but that is not exactly the same thing i am talking about here.....

I tried swapping the brown Ground wire from the SIM to the unused Black wire from the O2 SENSOR.. instead of the white wire..... i got NOTHING.. .no blinking LED at all.... nothing. It was dead & the CE light came on immediately too....

....So I triple checked all the connections, & went back to the original layout with the brown SIM wire connected to the white SENSOR wire like the directions say to do & BAM... the LED starts blinking like it should & i got no CE light any more....................................................

.....................for all of about 15 minutes...... then the fukker comes back on & now i am totally pissed .

such BS i tell ya....

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
is the CE code for the cat(inefficent cat or something like that)? did you check it?

edgy said:
uuummm thanks .. .but that is not exactly the same thing i am talking about here.....

I tried swapping the brown Ground wire from the SIM to the unused Black wire from the O2 SENSOR.. instead of the white wire..... i got NOTHING.. .no blinking LED at all.... nothing. It was dead & the CE light came on immediately too....

....So I triple checked all the connections, & went back to the original layout with the brown SIM wire connected to the white SENSOR wire like the directions say to do & BAM... the LED starts blinking like it should & i got no CE light any more....................................................

.....................for all of about 15 minutes...... then the fukker comes back on & now i am totally pissed .

such BS i tell ya....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts