Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have some 18" Racing Hart C5 - 3 Pieces that will most likely be for sale soon... unfortunately they have some bends and wheels america was not able to "true" them. I believe they are 18x8 all around... front has about a 1" lip while the rears have close to a 2" lip. There are 3 almost new Toyo TZ4 (i think is the model) 225x35x18 tires that should still be fine to use for road use (on different 18" wheels!) as well as for show (obviously).

If you have a source that would be able to repair more severe bends (be sure of this please), you're looking for a show only rim, or whatever then PM me with an offer.

Obviously these will go for cheap because they are not daily drivable in their present condition, but they are still discontinued coveted C5s so I'm not going to give them away! (think more of like 60-70% below market value).

The outside (face) is almost flawless... and they were powdercoated to add some silver fleck into the paint making for a subtle and unique modification to the factory racing hart color.

Anyone who is interested in these or knows someone with a 5 x 114.3 that goes to shows and needs some rims to help them score that magazine shoot or prize, have them contact me!

Wheels are sold "as-is"... NOT recommended as safe to drive on. There is a chance they will not be available as I am in discussions with previous IS300.net seller about some problems I have with the recent transaction... but chances are they will need to be sold regardless of how that is resolved.

Here are a couple pics of the wheels.

·
Registered
38,938 Posts
can u PM me how much u want for them and the pics too? thanks :D

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
For everyone's info:

1 Wheel is fine
1 Wheel is damaged but 50/50 fixable
2 Wheels are not fixable

This was wheels america's judgment. They obviously might be fixable by someone else with a better facility or using better methods.

I would say the one good racing hart wheel is worth about $500... and the other has a 50/50 chance of being fixable. I could maybe part out the good wheel to someone and fix the other and part it out, but I do not have the money to be fixing the wheels, shipping wheels, etc. I need to get something else ASAP.

Please PM / reply / email if interested!

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
where you informed of the severity of the damage before you purchased these from wdskuk? or did you do the damage.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
mr who said:
where you informed of the severity of the damage before you purchased these from wdskuk? or did you do the damage.
Looking back on the original sale thread the wheels were advertized as being in "great condition". I asked him over the phone if the wheels had ever been bent before and he said he didn't think so.

The fact of the matter is I received the wheels and when I went to have them put on, the shop told me 3 of them were slightly bent when they were spinbalancing them.

This is not usually the biggest deal because wheels can be fixed and I was planning on powdercoating them anyways. It became a big deal when i went over a dip in LA and I felt something weird. Well the following day the tire blew out on the freeway and I became aware that there was a problem. I took the wheels to Wheels America and they kind of laughed and said "wow these wheels had been worked on at least once before... not enough material to fix 2, maybe 3 of them"... It was their opinion that the fact they had been worked on before contributed to what happened when I hit the dip - they were structurally weak.

This was quite suprising because from what Dennis told me I expected the wheels had never been worked on before... so at that point I became very unhappy.

Also, as I've been told by insurance, wheels america, my tires shop, and countless other people, it is not possible to damage 3 wheels on one medium sized dip like that. The probability is just ludicrous...

From my talking on the phone with Dennis, he seems to be a pretty nice kid and I don't think he necessarily did anything on purpose... but I am just not very happy right now. I'm trying to work something out with his dad but it seems like he is reluctant to take responsibility. He said the wheels balanced perfectly before they shipped and he is thinking UPS bent 3 of them "throwing them around" in transit. I find this hard to accept...

Regardless of everything, the fact that the wheels had been repaired before, were structurally weaker, and didn't have enough material remaining to be repaired again was all news to me and not what i expected in the transaction. This does not qualify as "great" condition to me.

I don't care that they might not have known before sale, but now that we do know that the wheels were not in good shape, what are we going to do about it? If there is no acceptable conclusion to this then I will be very aggitated.

I basically spent $2,000 for wheels and tires that lasted 400 miles / 3 weeks and were irrepairable.

So I don't know... what is your opinion?

There are more issues, but I don't want to mention them because this is still unresolved and I want to stick to the known facts right now and deal with the subjective stuff at another time, if need be.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
When I sold these wheels to Jason they were in great shape but obviuosly Jaosn is telling me they are in bad shape. I had them refinshed at wheels america but they never informed me on how much material were taken off the wheel. I'm no wheel expert so I would have never thought about the material thing on the racing hart. As for the bends I even had discount tire do a wheel balancing for me and tell me if there are any bends in them before I sell them. I even watched them do the wheel balancing. As the wheel was spinning we were checking to see if there are any bends. The guy do my wheel said the wheel was perfectly round. When I drove on the wheels they were perfectly fine. Right now we are still not sure where the bends came from. It could be from the shipping company but I'm still not sure yet. But right now I'm still trying to work something out with Jason

·
Registered
9,676 Posts
How about posting pics of the damage so we can see what refinishing has been done? I am curious to compare the "lack of material" to my 18x8 M5's? Im kinda wondering what these things look like as RAcing Hart Wheels are fairly resilient.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The face is absolutely fine aside from a few small nicks. The lip is in very good shape too...

I will be picking the wheels up from the shop as I am not going to be having them work on them and then I will get some more pics!

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
GotTurbo: Me too!

Everyone: Have a couple interested people but these are still available. I am looking in the neighborhood of $700 + shipping (if need be).

The rims are in Los Angeles if I didn't mention before.

It will be a few more days until I know I can sell them as I still have not made sure that I don't need to keep them for the resolution process with Wdskuk. Should know soon though!

Feel free to reply, email, or pm inquiries.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Hey Jason I'm still waiting for answer from UPS. They said they called my house before but they never did. I checked the caller id and stuff nothing. Will let you know soon.

·
Podiatrist
23,616 Posts
I don't mean to be a pain, but it'd take a lot of force to bend a rim during shipping.

To bend a rim would require a lot of force.

I've bent 3 stock rims and I know how hard I had to hit to bend them.
I hit going above 40mph on all 3 rims.
Dunno...weird situation.

Modless and wdskuk, hope you get this worked out.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
For everyone's information: Dennis and his father, Wallace, have decided that they are not willing to take any responsibility for the transaction.

I would urge a very strong "buyer beware" on any further transactions with Wdskuk.

I have been contacted by several other IS300.net members regarding previous transactions with Wdskuk and would kindly ask that anyone who has any useful information that might assit me in my pursuit of compensation to please contact me.

Thanks everyone, and be careful when you buy private party!

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
And, yes, the wheels are now 100% able to be sold and shipped.

Please contact with questions and interest.

Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
9,676 Posts
SophieSleeps said:
I don't mean to be a pain, but it'd take a lot of force to bend a rim during shipping.

To bend a rim would require a lot of force.

I've bent 3 stock rims and I know how hard I had to hit to bend them.
I hit going above 40mph on all 3 rims.
Dunno...weird situation.

Modless and wdskuk, hope you get this worked out.
De, I have to agree with you on this one... It does takes quite a lot of force to bend a wheel. The way this Modless guy is describing it is like he was rolling on reynolds wrap? I am seriously doubting the validity of this defect claim. if those wheels were structurally weakened I do believe that the weight of the vehicle accompanied by moderate suspension travel and moderate driving would have little effect on them. It does take quite a blow to bend a wheel, no matter how weak or cheap the manufacturing process. and if the wheel bent as easily as he said it shoulda been bending from the car just sitting on them parked or in normal driving?? I have the M5's and I personally know that I have to drive extra careful on bumpy roads as 35 series tires provide no assistance to bumps. I dont even think about speeding any longer.

Ironically No pictures were EVER posted of the chaotic damage that occured. I am still very very curious to see what kind of damage is causing all this confusion. (care to show some pics)

I am under the impression that you fudged up the wheels of your own free will on your time. Now you trying to get over on wdskuk. I think its really shameful that technically you bought a pretty old design USED RIMS "AS IS" and now you are complaining that after driving on them that they bent and now you're seeking "compensation" ... next time be a little more careful, because its your own fault, technically nobody forced you to buy the product.

I know it sounds harsh, but technically you bought used rims and technically the rims were fine up until you hit that bump. This scavenging for information to piece together a "compensation package" shouldnt be taking place on IS300.net. We should all get along.

What really is disturbing is that despite the claimed safety hazard of these wheels, you still wanna sell them to someone else to potentially cause a unsafe driving situation? Isnt that odd?

Want a good set of M5's? :)

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Uh,

I have not furnished any pictures because the wheels are still sitting at the repair shop. As you can imagine, a car on jacks doesn't get a person around too well!

My pop finally had some time from running his business (manufacturing night vision goggles for the US military) to take me wheel shopping yesterday and now I have wheels again.

I have one picture of a damaged wheel but I have not wanted to post anything to inflamate this situation as, up until today, I was still awaiting hearing back from the Kuks.

I know that I was buying wheels that were used but this does not give a seller a right to misrepresent something they are selling. "The wheels are in great shape" and "no i don't think they have ever been bent" are the key phrases here.

When I received the wheels 3 of them were minorly bent before putting them on my car... Dennis' father's reply to this is that "UPS must have bent them during shipping" ... well, as you have said, it takes incredible foroce to bend wheels so I find this very hard to believe that 3 of the 4 "great" wheels were bent during shipping.

Furthermore, Dennis said he didn't think the wheels had ever been bent... well Wheels America informed me that the wheels had been fixed at least once before and consequently they were shaved so thin that there wasn't enough material to fix 3 of the 4 wheels.

I only found this out after the wheel stopped holding pressure and i blew out a tire on the freeway. I didn't make a fuss when I found out the 3 wheels were slightly bent because since they "were in great condition" and "never bent" I could just get them repaired as I was planning on getting them powdercoated anyway.

If I would have known these wheels were bent, spent, and worked to death... there's no way in hell I would have paid $2,000 for them.

Another thing I have found interesting is that Dennis told me that "I am selling these wheels because I need money for college." and then I see that he is rolling new SSR GT1s with new tires on his car.

Very fishey if you ask me...

Rich: De was AGREEING with me that these rims were not bent by the shipping process... and since 3 of them were bent before I mounted them on my car... then who is responsible for it? Duh... What is your mental malfunction.

I paid $2,000 for wheels that, after 300 miles, 3 are unusable and unfixable.

Sounds like a great deal to you? Please tell me what logic allows you to arrive at this conclusion...

·
Registered
9,676 Posts
Truthfully... its a terrible situation man. I apologize if I sounded harsh. IT does suck that you bought them with bends in it, not being disclosed. True UPS cant drop a box that bad to bend a wheel or two or three. That was a terrible cop out. I think a lot of the truth has been lost along the way. Time to find it.

It sounds weird that the wheels crapped out after 300miles ( a lot of driving if you ask me) if the wheels were defective upon delivery, doesnt it make sense for it to faulter in the first 100 or so miles or sooner at least?

Yes I do find it weird all of a sudden the seller has new wheels instead of a college receipt.

This kinda thing happens when you do business with barely adult board members. I must say that this has the makings of a good People's Court topic!! :lol:

You can PM me if you want M5's in the near future.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
About this Discussion
27 Replies
9 Participants
Modless_IS_=(
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing