Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So it was snowing yesterday, being that i have rear wheel drive the car slid on me because i added some acceleration, i damaged the right side of my fender, the cover unerneath and bent some stuff underneath to. Need less to say I need to get it to the body shop to repair the car. Now what would be my best way of doing that. Should I go throught the dealer or just through insurance, what should I tell the people that are fixing my car. I am pissed of that it happend I have the car for 4 months and this shit happens. I'll pay the 500 dollars deductable. It sucks.

·
Registered
58 Posts
well i dont know if you went to have your car fixed or not but it depends on if it needs a fender or it can be fixed. to fix the car it should be around 500 to 700 dollars so it is not worth turning it into insurance. as for telling them what happend tell them u slid on black ice. what ever u do dont take it to the dealer to have it fixed they dont do as nice of a job as a just body shop. i hope this helps you sorry for what happend but it happens to everyone

·
Registered
83 Posts
well from your description, i can't really tell how bad the damage is. there might be more damage than you can see. if it's just the fender, it shouldn't cost more than a few hundred to fix but i'm more worried about the cover and anything underlying it.

now a body shop will do a good job especially a reputable shop. you should take it there to have them see how bad the damage is. if you can cover the costs yourself, you should do that then. only tell your insurance if you can't afford the damage yourself since if you tell them, not only do you pay the deductable but also the possible increase in the insurance itself.

i know my local dealer has a reputable shop they use for any type of body work so if you have that and you're going to go the insurance route either way, you can guarantee yourself a good job :D

anyway, i'm sorry about what happened. i hope this helped and good luck man.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts