Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
$lores amongst us!
10,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

I just spoke to David at DTMotorwerks and he and some of his BMW friends are having a meet this Saturday 12/27 around 1:00pm. David, if you don't know, also owns an IS. It was out-of-town having some work done to it, but now its back and badder than ever. He has invited us to come hang out for a while, and yes his IS will be there.

Here is a flyer that has been created with specific information about the meet: Meet Flyer

Come on out guys it WILL be fun.

Here is another link about the meet.
http://forum.bavarianspeed.com/showthread.php?t=2733

Oh Yeah, there is going to be a special show car from Autobahn that they recently completed. If you show up, you will be one of the first people in the country to see this car. So I suggest go get you lazy asses out there :)

·
$lores amongst us!
10,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Shiznit said:
my car will prolly be out of commision by then getting the turbo installed, we will see. Also david does not own an is300, he has an m3.
Be there man. I glad you finally got your kit. I cant wait to see it.

Ahh but he does. He just got it back. Call him.

·
$lores amongst us!
10,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wxman said:
JPI said:
Love to go but I have to run the shop. Free drinks sound good though.
www.jpimportz.org
Ah come on! You got the evo out for me.

It was great to meet you while I was down there. I will probably be down again sometime early next year so maybe we can race this time! :)
woot woot I gots my digi-cam ready for this. I just wish I could run wit you guys. Man I wish PHR would hurry up and finish the damn S/C.

·
Registered
4,416 Posts
BigJoeD said:
Wxman said:
JPI said:
www.jpimportz.org

It was great to meet you while I was down there. I will probably be down again sometime early next year so maybe we can race this time! :)
woot woot I gots my digi-cam ready for this. I just wish I could run wit you guys. Man I wish PHR would hurry up and finish the damn S/C.
Ask 10SecondIS about what Jarrett is working on in the shop. :) He has a Porsche 911 pushing well over 500 awhp! That thing takes off!

·
$lores amongst us!
10,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wxman said:
BigJoeD said:
Wxman said:
JPI said:
www.jpimportz.org

Ask 10SecondIS about what Jarrett is working on in the shop. :) He has a Porsche 911 pushing well over 500 awhp! That thing takes off!
Forget the Porch, im all about the IS :D . I want a S/C :cry: :cry:

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Shiznit said:
my car will prolly be out of commision by then getting the turbo installed, we will see. Also david does not own an is300, he has an m3.
Yea, Joe is right...I saw it.
David had one of the 1st (if not the 1st) IS300 in CA...
-Blitz, Area 51, (maybe more) used his car to create/fit parts. The end result was that he got some COOOOL stuff for free, but he JUST got his car back.

Guys -
I'll try to make it - I've got some family stuff going on right now, so not sure yet.

·
$lores amongst us!
10,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
bk9 said:
Shiznit said:
-Blitz, Area 51, (maybe more) used his car to create/fit parts. The end result was that he got some COOOOL stuff for free, but he JUST got his car back.

Guys -
I'll try to make it - I've got some family stuff going on right now, so not sure yet.
Werd.

Did you know his car is also boosted, but the vortech s/c is being worked on. Mechanical difficulties. Man I cant wait to see it.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
BigJoeD said:
bk9 said:
Shiznit said:

Guys -
Werd.

Did you know his car is also boosted, but the vortech s/c is being worked on. Mechanical difficulties. Man I cant wait to see it.
Yea, he had an Area-51 S/C..but it was taken off before shipping the car. He told me he would be getting it back...
Last time I talked with him, he mumbled something about a V8. :eek:

·
$lores amongst us!
10,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
bk9 said:
BigJoeD said:
bk9 said:
Shiznit said:

Guys -
Werd.

Yea, he had an Area-51 S/C..but it was taken off before shipping the car. He told me he would be getting it back...
WTF V8 :eek: :eek: :p

·
Registered
461 Posts
BigJoeD said:
bk9 said:
BigJoeD said:
bk9 said:
Shiznit said:

Guys -
Werd.

I'm Back....

Sorry I've been out of touch for a while... One word... WORK!

Sorry to Marc, Bryan and Jeremy for not meeting up with you guys when Marc (Wxman) was in town. I was closing a deal and had been working all night and really had no chance to come out and play.

About David's IS300... CLARIFICATION... it's his brother's car, Tommy. He bought in in Cali and they both moved to Dallas but the car was still in Cali. I saw the kit he's putting on it... it was all over the floor at the shop!

Can't wait to see it finally done.

My car has been running ok, with the exception of giving me some embarrassing moments in cold weather... three or four cranks to start and a really poor deceleration idle. Other than that, I had it dyno'd at JoTech and it put down 413 rwhp and 406 rwtq at 17psi and 446 rwhp and 440 rwtq at 19 psi. I'm happy for the moment and my next decision is going to be whether I spend more money or sell it and get something else... haven't yet decided on the something else.

I'll see you guys Saturday, I hope!

BTW, shiznit... are you the one getting the kit installed at JoTech?

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
onyx_is said:
I'm Back....

Sorry to Marc, Bryan and Jeremy for not meeting up with you guys when Marc (Wxman) was in town. I was closing a deal and had been working all night and really had no chance to come out and play.

About David's IS300... CLARIFICATION... it's his brother's car, Tommy. He bought in in Cali and they both moved to Dallas but the car was still in Cali. I saw the kit he's putting on it... it was all over the floor at the shop!

My car has been running ok, with the exception of giving me some embarrassing moments in cold weather... three or four cranks to start and a really poor deceleration idle. Other than that, I had it dyno'd at JoTech and it put down 413 rwhp and 406 rwtq at 17psi and 446 rwhp and 440 rwtq at 19 psi. I'm happy for the moment and my next decision is going to be whether I spend more money or sell it and get something else... haven't yet decided on the something else.

Glad to see "you're back!" btw, thanks for the clarification on the IS300.
It's not looking like I'll be able to make it, but I won't know until right before the meet time.
Amr - hope work is settling down. Don't worry, the new year is almost here! :wink:

·
$lores amongst us!
10,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Onyx-IS, welcome back bro. Hope you make it out on Sat, at least for a little bit. How's the MB project coming along? Man, if you decide to sell holler at me first :)

COME ON GUYS, WE NEED TO MAKE A GOOD SHOWING. I'll be there weather permitting.

Hey, where is Jeremy? I pm'd him about the meet and have yet to hear back.

·
Registered
4,416 Posts
Jeremy's car is getting close to being back together too. I sent him the last parts he needed overnight, so he should get them today. I drove in his car a bunch while I was in Dallas with no heat. It SUCKED!

Amr, welcome back. I will be down again, so maybe next time we can meet up.

·
$lores amongst us!
10,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
onyx_is said:
BigJoeD said:
bk9 said:
BigJoeD said:
bk9 said:
Shiznit said:

Guys -
Werd.

I'm Back....

Dont sell it man, noooooooooo. Keep the mods coming. Bodykit, Wheels, ICE. Make it a daily driven show car. I'll take it to the shows for yah :)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.