Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
$lores amongst us!
10,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who in the Dallas area has had the ECU/TRAC "fix" done to their car and which dealer?

I've tried to have them fix the car at Parkplace Lexus of Grapevine, but they insist that nothing is wrong with the car.

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
They do have the fix at Park Place in Plano, but it will be fixed on a need basis. A need basis to them is based on the date when the car was manufactured, they can find that out by you VIN number. If your car was made before the ECU problem was fixed at the factory, then they will accept it. If it was recently purchased, therefore recently made then you are out of luck. They will probably not accept it if it is a newer made IS300. But they did tell me before I bought my car there that a fix was available it just depends on the VIN #.

[ May 08, 2001: Message edited by: VVTIS ]

·
Registered
631 Posts
If the problem was fixed at the factory, then he is not out of luck - he already has the fix, and is luckier than most of us.

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
Yea, that is what I meant, he will not get the fix because he already has it.

·
Registered
306 Posts
VVTIS,
Who can I talk to at Park Place Plano that knows about the fix? Last time I was there the service advisor knew very little.

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
I delt with Dawn Betrus, but she is not a service advisor, she was my sales person. When did you buy your car? What is i doing? How many miles?

[ May 10, 2001: Message edited by: VVTIS ]

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
Sorry one more thing, it is Park Place of Plano!!

·
Registered
306 Posts
Originally posted by VVTIS:
[QB]I delt with Dawn Betrus, but she is not a service advisor, she was my sales person. When did you buy your car? What is i doing? How many miles?

I bought mine from Dawn as well, back in August. Mine is displaying the classic ECU/Trac symptoms. I have been wanting this fixed for some time. I have about 8000 miles. Do a search to see my previous "gripes" about this problem. I am getting tired of Lexus saying "next month".

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
Please someone tell me what the hell is going on!!!!I am going to my dealer on Sat for an oil change, 15,000 miles. Do I need to tell them anything? I boutgh my ride in Sept of 2000

·
Registered
95 Posts
Ok.. This is REALLY pissing me off..
I called Park Place Lexus of Grapevine twice, and they never got back with me. The first time I left a message on the voice mail. I described the classic TRAC/ECU problem. I never get a call back. I called again couple days later. This time I described the problem to the service department receptionist, since none of the service manager is available. She said they will get back to me asap.. I am still waiting... I don't really want to go to another dealership, since they are so close to where I live. But I might have to..

Do they just have a horrible service department or are they just avoiding the TRAC/ECU issue?

·
$lores amongst us!
10,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, I finally had my car checked out by a service mechanic which test drove the car. I told him that the car hesitates badly when you accelerate from a slow roll. After he test drove it, he gave me some bull**** excuse about the transmission needing to downshift to 1st. When you going less than 5 miles per hour are you not already in 1st?

Anyway, he said he would get back to me once he had a chance to talk to other service techs and would call me back. Been 2 weeks without a reply. I will continue to bug them until I get it fixed

·
Registered
306 Posts
I called Park Place Lexus in Plano and talked with PJ. He was aware of the TSIB and took my info. Yesterday, Eric the shop manager called and said that the TRAC ECU's are delayed for about 10 days. So far they haven't questioned me whether I need the fix or not. I haven't checked my VIN but I bought my car back in August so I'm sure it is eligible.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts