Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im doin a full rewire ive been reading up on ashhongs step by step instal but i was wondering if the bypass will still work without the metra harness
any help as soon as possible

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
ill just answer here instead of the PM.

i dont know which step you are looking at, but you dont need the metra harness at all for the bypass. for the bypass, you just have to move that wire in my first step and ground the parking break and mute wires. i think thats all....

that 1 wire you move is on the D3 harness, not the metra.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i just got the deck and saw the harness with the wire so i feel dumb saw that wire thank you for all your help... id give you rep but i havnt quite figured out how to do that
i will post pics but of course it will look the same as yours but when i finish the system it should look good
thanks again

·
Registered
13 Posts
you move the mute wire from the d3 wire harness. there is an open slot right below it. so you carefully pry the white part and get the mute wire out. rotate it 180 degrees and put it into the slot below. then you'll ground both parking and mute (use "t-clamps" aka "quick connects" to splice it if you're lazy). i've done this for 5 installs already, easy and always works. good luck if not check avic411 site.

·
Premium Member
13,297 Posts
i just got the deck and saw the harness with the wire so i feel dumb saw that wire thank you for all your help... id give you rep but i havnt quite figured out how to do that
i will post pics but of course it will look the same as yours but when i finish the system it should look good
thanks again
under his username, click the "rep" button.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Lippstuh is correct, except the empty pib slot is above the mute wire, guess it depends which way you look at it. The mute wire is in the smaller white harness with all the RCA's. It is the at the far end and will have the empty pin hole that need to be grounded. Like Lippstuh said the park brake wire must be grounded as well. Hope this helps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts