1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
5,155 Posts
Metra harness is used to allow an aftermarket deck to communicate with the stock amp, allowing you to keep stock speakers.

If you're going aftermarket amp you no longer need the Metra harness, you can hook up your aftermarket deck and speakers directly to your new amp.

·
Registered
254 Posts
for those people who cannot or do not wanna purchase the metra harness you do not NEED to. i did not, you just have to bypass the amp aka take it out and run wire directly to speakers from d3. sounds great :)

·
Registered
5,155 Posts
for those people who cannot or do not wanna purchase the metra harness you do not NEED to. i did not, you just have to bypass the amp aka take it out and run wire directly to speakers from d3. sounds great :)
How can it sound great if rear speakers will not work correctly due to different impedance between the woofer and midrange.

The major reason behind getting the Metra harness is it allows you to use the stock speakers to their full potential, no matter how small it is :)

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
wrong...its not working correctly. your rear speakers arent compatible with the D3s amp. what did people say happens? only the half of it works or something?

·
Registered
2 Posts
can anybody supply me with wiring diagram so i dont have to purchace the aftermarket harness. alot of people are saying that the aftermarket harness does not work very well. all i want is to change my crappy factory deck and keep everyting else stock.why is this such a problem?
thanks

·
Registered
367 Posts
i have a metra harness and it doesn't sound any different than stock imo

·
Registered
14,829 Posts
nvm, I take back what I said. My bad.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts