Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have pics of them on an IS?
Can't decide if I want D2R or D2S. Want more of a blue/purplish color but dont want to look ricey. Thanks

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply :D In your opinion, what would you choose. I know that the D2S spreads out more.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
one is for reflector type headlights the other is for projector type. sorry i forget which is which off the top of my head. i would only get the reflector type, your light output might be worse if you get the projector type.

·
Podiatrist
23,616 Posts
Stock is a D2R which is designed as a reflector.

The D2S will be slightly brighter because it's designed for a projector housing.

In terms of light color, they will be reletively the same...but say the D2R is a bright solid white, the D2S will appear a little more solid/intense.

In terms of light pattern, the D2R is designed for our housing. The D2S won't spread out the same way and you might have dull spots and bright spots in your lighting.

·
Threadlocker
8,984 Posts
the d2s is definitely brighter, there aren't any dim spots or anything, but they also give off a lot more glare to oncoming motorists.. do what you will

·
Registered
1,593 Posts

thats the color after its warmed up for about 5-10 min. i haven't gotten any complaints about glare, and friends that drive in front of me say its fine. but they do light up the road less than the stock bulbs do.

·
Threadlocker
8,984 Posts
WiLz said:

thats the color after its warmed up for about 5-10 min. i haven't gotten any complaints about glare, and friends that drive in front of me say its fine. but they do light up the road less than the stock bulbs do.
i complain that they glare.. ucla-is300's does a bit anyway.. unless they are aimed differently.

·
Podiatrist
23,616 Posts
XxPloSiV said:
Thanks for replies everyone. Wat UP DE!!!!!!!!! :D
Whatup.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts