Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys maybe you can give me some input on this .. well my to start my hids on my 01 is300 turns on with no problem but the left side once it warms up i'd say 20 sec then turns purple and another 15 sec later it turns off .. while the right side the color stays at his temp.. bright white .. please let me know what you guys think ..

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
sounds like your bulb is shot... Time to look for a new one or pair if you want them to match

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sounds like your bulb is shot... Time to look for a new one or pair if you want them to match

so it wouldnt be the ballast then ? so yeah it turns bright blue when warmed up the left side goes light purple then shuts off .. then if thats the case ill replace both sides .. anyone know where to get good bulbs d2r for good price .??

·
Registered
483 Posts
hey man..there was a thread like this not too long ago, but it seems like your ballast is going out..i had the same prob with the color differnce and bought new bulbs..my old bulbs were still good but the ballast was shot..so switch the bulbs around first before you buy..if you don't want to spend money of course on new bulbs..but if your looking for new stuff..bulbs from motoringmax from ebay is pretty good from what i read on this forum, also check out AAC's orcle brand, there service is top notch and so is there products

·
Registered
3,290 Posts
hey man..there was a thread like this not too long ago, but it seems like your ballast is going out..i had the same prob with the color differnce and bought new bulbs..my old bulbs were still good but the ballast was shot..so switch the bulbs around first before you buy..if you don't want to spend money of course on new bulbs..but if your looking for new stuff..bulbs from motoringmax from ebay is pretty good from what i read on this forum, also check out AAC's orcle brand, there service is top notch and so is there products

Yeah, i bought my HIDs from MotoringMax too. Mines are the 6000ks. Love them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts