Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anybody had a chance to compare the height difference between the RMM and Cwest kit? Anybody know if the clearance is the same for both kits?

·
Registered
38,938 Posts
the ground clearance for Cwest kit will be lower than RMM kit...since RMM is only a small, conservative front lip. dunno exactly how much lower though.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
They're about the same, in terms of how careful you have to drive because for the cwest, yes it is lower, but the bumper is also shorter, so when you go on a ramp, your wheels will hit the ramp in a shorter distance vs the rmm, its like an extention, making your bumper a little longer, therefore your lip can scrape if you're not careful. kinda hard to explain, but i think u get the idea. i had the rmm before my cwest and i've scraped both before on stock height :-?

about your pm, i forgot where i got my cwest kit from, but the fitment is perfect.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info guys. I think any kit you have, you will scrap one way or the other. I just wanted to make sure that I will get up ramps at least. I think I should be okay with the Cwest.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts