Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone fit the stock fogs into the Cwest Kit? I was thinking about doing this... Good idea or bad?

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
It will definitely take custom fabrication, but anything is possible. C-West front with fogs would make it look so much better. IMO worth all of the headaches to get it done. I was going to do the same thing, but I had to switch to another bumper because I drag on my driveway.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
I've been wondering why no one has done that ever since I started lurking here. It would require some custom work, but nothing more difficult than some of the stuff I've seen on this board.

Black c-west with the black painted fogs... :p

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
I was about to do the same on mine but at the end I opted not too. When we test fitted it on, it looked weird to me but others may like it. It isn't that hard to do, but make sure you make custom brackets to hold the fogs or it'll crack your kit.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
crack the kit how? and how is it easy to do please explain

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Unknownprophet23 said:
when we put the fogs on, my body guy said there is a chance that the fogs are too heavy for the fiberglass, so when you mount them, it'll eventually cause a crack. In order to do it right, get your body guy to open up the space until you like the look and he can probably make a custom bracket to attach the fogs to the kit.

·
Premium Member
8,435 Posts
PoloBoy168 said:
Unknownprophet23 said:
when we put the fogs on, my body guy said there is a chance that the fogs are too heavy for the fiberglass, so when you mount them, it'll eventually cause a crack. In order to do it right, get your body guy to open up the space until you like the look and he can probably make a custom bracket to attach the fogs to the kit.
your body guy must be on crack then lol :lol: The foglights weighs nearly nothing. He is under estimating the strength of fiberglass.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.