Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got mine put on and it is awesome. I just love waking the neighbors and annoying the hell out of alot of pompous bastards with there bimmers and fast cars. Its awesome because know one suspects a lexus to sound like a porsche and belive me it does! If any one is interested i can send some pics of install. There is one piece i need to get for the cut out. Its an electric motor which opens and closes the valve with a flick of a switch!

Here is the site for the electronic piece and check out the video its awesome! http://www.mccordcg.com/mpp/mpp.htm :D

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A cut out exhaust is a y piece that can split the pipe or pipes befor the muffler. It sounds like some one took all the exhaust off before the headers! its awesome! The electronic piece opens the valve up. Its supposedly a good thing for people with a turbo. I put it on just for the kick ass sound that will surprise anyone! the y piece itself cost around 35 dollars and is a simple thing to install for the pros! its a cheap upgrade.

·
Registered
4,662 Posts
Altezza3456 said:
A cut out exhaust is a y piece that can split the pipe or pipes befor the muffler. It sounds like some one took all the exhaust off before the headers! its awesome! The electronic piece opens the valve up. Its supposedly a good thing for people with a turbo. I put it on just for the kick ass sound that will surprise anyone! the y piece itself cost around 35 dollars and is a simple thing to install for the pros! its a cheap upgrade.
Uhhh, get your flame suit ready.

·
Premium Member
52,610 Posts
"Upgrade" would be highly subjective. About the same effect as an old beater which has had the muffler rust out and fall off.

·
Registered
770 Posts
damn if i saw u coming down the street with your underglow neons and the way ur car sounds since u cut the exhaust....i would definanly pull over onthe side of the road and let u pass me

yeah i would pull off from laughing so hard

·
Registered
548 Posts
good on an ls1 F body

for you, your just gonna sound like ass and loose bottom end and lean out depending on where you placed it :roll:

since when does a porche sound good?

Ferrari? yes

·
Am I Hype-R???
13,648 Posts
95snoozer said:
good on an ls1 F body

for you, your just gonna sound like ass and loose bottom end and lean out depending on where you placed it :roll:

since when does a porche sound good?

Ferrari? yes
sounding good is always objective...if this individual thinks it sounds good, then good for him...it's like colors...if you like a cetain color then that's cool...get my drift???

imho a cut out exhaust is totally prehistoric for a lexus...but to each his own...if he likes it...than that's all that matters to him...right???

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
Hmmm maybe i should tell Lance to add this to my 3" piping.... :lol:
-Matt

·
Registered
3,746 Posts
I am puttin one on my car when it comes home to see if there is any difference on the Turbo Cars.. my buddys have them on their supra's they get a lil more performance gain from it after they make some adjustments in their tunes..

·
Registered
548 Posts
having one on a turbo car is a great Idea!!!!!!

Its the next best thing to open down pipe, and will really help your turbo spool.

Having one on your little N/A motor is just annoying. Let me get this straight.... he wants to annoy people and freak them out. What a child. Your the kind of guy that everyone rolls their eyes at as you drive buy or pull out of the lot. I hope you are happy with that.

with a turbo car, the valve train and exhaust pulse is very much quieted by the turbo, there fore it is fine to run open cutout. even better, with an electric cutout, you can run stock exhaust, save money, and have a sleeper effect. When ever you wanna race or get on it, just open it up.
:D

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
this is cool for a turbo car, ghey for a n/a car. i think its quite a stretch to say a n/a IS is going to sound like a porsche?

i have something like this designed for my exhaust, since it is so loud, you saved me the trouble of having to make one of these with an actuator, so i thank you for that. my system will be closed though, it will be to bypass a muffler

-gte

·
Registered
548 Posts
make sure you research... many of the electric cutout companies are known for failing mechanisms.

Ill ask around for yall for the good one. My buddy has a T76 built ls1 2002 SS camaro and Ill ask what he has.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
yeah i'm interested in this also, that means i don't have to out and buy a 3in exhaust, i can just keep my hiper and stock resonator for use it for daily driving. keep us updated

1 - 14 of 14 Posts