Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I took my car into the dealership yesterday to put my winter tires on. Since I only had 2600 miles on the summer tires, I specifically requested the service advisor to have them mark which tires were where for rotating purposes in the future. So I watched the service advisor put it into the work order. But, when I came home, I saw that the tires they took off were not marked. I know this isn't a huge deal but it just upsets me that they didn't do it.

How do you guys usually approach complaints to the dealership? I want to bring this to their attention because I've had some bad experiences prior to this and I'm not sure if they even pay attention to those little surveys they give you everytime you bring your car in for service.

Thanks.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Yo, yeah i had some major problems with my customer service at lexus. my grill broke and they wouldnt replace it even though it is under warranty. the grill is connected to the bumper so they had to get me a new bumper and paint it and such but anyway... they gave me and my parents a hard time, they just called the lexus dealer in california becuase they are the headquarters or something..but everything worked out okay! you could do that if you wanted

·
Registered
189 Posts
yeah i know what you guys mean. my stupid dealership had to shuttle me back and forth to work for my 1st 1000 mile checkup and my service advisor and everybody else in there acted like it was putting them out to just call someone up there to take me to work needless to say they got an earfull when everything was said and done. i waited until i got my car back and gave them the 3rd degree on how i didn't appreciate the way that treated me earlier in the day and it had better not happen again, and i kinda mentioned the fact that i had spoken to the general manager about their behavior (which i did too) needless to say they have been better. :lol:

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
i've had problems in the past... i just call their Guest Satisfaction Manager... also i give them an unsatisfactory when they send out their survey form, too.. one more thing, i don't know about your dealer, but mine always calls me in a day or so to see if everything is okay or not.. 8)

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
nkm5 said:
Hey guys,

I took my car into the dealership yesterday to put my winter tires on. Since I only had 2600 miles on the summer tires, I specifically requested the service advisor to have them mark which tires were where for rotating purposes in the future. So I watched the service advisor put it into the work order. But, when I came home, I saw that the tires they took off were not marked. I know this isn't a huge deal but it just upsets me that they didn't do it.

How do you guys usually approach complaints to the dealership? I want to bring this to their attention because I've had some bad experiences prior to this and I'm not sure if they even pay attention to those little surveys they give you everytime you bring your car in for service.

Thanks.
Or you could have marked them yourself before you went to the dealer, Stupido!

This reminds me of a thread from the Audi forum about a guy with anodized HRE wheels that had the finish ruined by the acid cleaner that the dealer uses to "detail" the car. He told them three times not to clean the wheels and it was written on the work order. Maybe some of the low paid workers at dealerships can't read or understand English. The safest course is to assume the dealer knows nothing and doesn't hear anything you say.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Actually the Lexus dealerships do take those little surveys into consideration in a big way. If you really have a problem talk to your service advisor and if he doesn't solve the problem ask to speak to the service director. One more thing, amy11079, if your coming into a Lexus dealership and you are coming in for something small like a 1K mile service they won't give you a loaner. Most of the time people wait for things like that since they only take about 30 minutes. Anything that is under 2 hours they usually won't give you a loaner car for. Any more questions let me know
Lata,
Nick

·
Registered
712 Posts
If u ask 4 a loaner u get one, simple as that. My dealer had the same policy as u did NASTETy92. That is unacceptable. I just demand a loaner and I have never gotten refused. Even if they don't have one they give u a new car to get around town. I don't care how long the service is for. I once had the GM give me his LS430 for 3 hours. It was the shit. I like how lexus respects its owners. At that time I was 20 yrs old and I still got respect. Just have balls of steel!!!!! :lol:

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
I think its the way you present yourself. I'm not sure, but i've seen my dealership kinda ignore this one guy who looked the same age as me. We both were pretty much dressed the same and all i can think of is the way we approached the sales rep. The dealership has been great to me, i've gotten a loaner for a 1hr job because i had to deliver some files nearby. I ended up going to play Counterstrike for about 2 hrs and returned the car about 3 hours later... They've made sure every question i've had has been awnsered and I've gotten a few freebies "Act of Good Gesture* they call it. My dealership also had some girl drive a loaner all the way to my workplace to deliver the loaner while i was at work so i didn't have to take off of work to fix my car. Lexus of Westminster rocks!!!

·
Registered
498 Posts
hey LX4U2NV, which dealership did u go to because here @ Longo Lexus, you have to be 21 to get a loaner car, i was refused because i was only 18 so my sister came in and she got it for me but she was suppose to drive it, but they didnt know that...

·
Registered
273 Posts
Uptown is right its all in how you present yourself. Hendrick Lexus of Charlotte has taken good care of me. The dealer had a loaner car ready for me when I went in for my 1,000 my service, but when they told me it only took 30 minutes I decide just to wait so I wouldn't have to come back.

·
Registered
712 Posts
UpTownIS300er: I have to ask. What are the few freebies or "Act of Good Gesture* as they call it that u have gotten?

wHiTeDrAgOnIS: I went to lexus of Lakeside in Michigan. I was 20, and at first they told me I had to be 21. I just looked @ my service guy like "what the Fuck!" I said to him " I bought the car under the condition that I gort a loaner when it was in service. He immediately got my drivers license info., gave me the keys, and sent me on my way Happy :D

Remember, have balls of steel!!!!!.... They show even when your pants are zipped up! :wink:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts